Little Miss Printscess, 05 Forum Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Many have asked me for an update on V V's Picture Perfect Prints. Those are the people who dubbed her 05 forum baby,,,,,,,,becasue it was ALL of them who got her through her first 4 months of life. Without them, we for sure would not have her.

In case you are newer, short version. Prints was born early and arrived without me. She was born with no sucking reflex. She was tubed through the nose, tube sewed in, to feed her. We fed her every hour for days. Then it went to ever 2 hours, then 3. Then she pulled the tube out, ripping the stitches in her nose. :no: Then we had the tube put back, she would not eat any other way. Then the tube was pulled out again. You can see in the first photo how raw her nose got to be. Then Sandy S. came to the rescue, and we got her eating out of a bowl, still would not suck.

Then we talked to our Bonnie, she said Prints was afraid to eat as she had an extra flap in her throat and she was afraid she would choke.

Then Prints choked, bad,,,,,,,,we literally threw her in the truck and off to the vet. Prints was tubed to get out whatever it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and guess what,,,,,,,,,the vet found the extra flap. It was removed, and the next day, Prints started to suck!

2 days later she dehydrated,,,,,,,,almost motionless,,,,,,,,,,,vet said,,,,,,,,let her go. I just couldn't.

One week later, very high temp and limping on front legs...............Joint Ill. :no:

Butttttttttttttt,,,,,,,,at 4 months she was deamed healthy as the big horse!

Really is the short version.

She is as rotten, and as spoiled, and as pig headed, and as sweet and as loving as any horse I have ever seen. We are happy to have her, and she and I are very happy to have YOU! You ALL helped her to get to this day.

Bonnie told us she would be a hand full! Well, for once, Bonnie was wrong...........Prints is TWO hand fulls!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

In the last two pictures,,,,,that is her shy, bull headedness,,,,,,,,,,she wanted in the barn, NOW, out of the sun and away from the bugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,how DARE they land on her. And how dare I keep her out to take a picture.

SHE IS JUST THE VERY VERY BEST!!!!!!! Barn blind???????? Uhhhhhhhh, ,yeah!

phelp2.jpg

printsnew.jpg

prints10.jpg

prints1.jpg

prints2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think of Prints often and her tough introduction to the world. Thank you for that beautiful update Frankie. She really grew into a nice girl huh? I think it is ok to be barn blind sometimes, you saved a life.

OMG Carolyn, she is beautiful. I can't believe that is the same little baby we all worried so much about. She certainly looks healthy now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad Prints turned out into a lovely young lady haha its Ok to be Barn Blind most of us are :lol:

default_wub.png
: She is gorgeous!
default_wub.png
:

p.s. ....think she may need her own fly proof bubble!

There she is and she is gorgeous as ever!! Lucky little girl to have you. :aktion033:

Thank you for the update!!!

Thanks so much, and thanks to all of you!!!!! :aktion033:

She is one very spoiled little girl! Even the other horses know it. There are 7 grain pans on her side, for 7 horses, each horse has their own, except Prints, they are ALL hers. She will go from pan to pan and each and every horse will move to another pan for her. She is the last one eating that way too. No horse has ever picked on her, no matter what she does, and believe me, she does plenty.

When grooming, she is done numerous times. She gets brushed, another horse gets brushed, Prints get back in line and gets brushed again. Hmmmmmm, wonder who is spoiling her??

Don't know if she is lead broke, put a halter and lead on her and she stays right with me, but that is no different than when she doesn't have one on.l

She HATES the flys. She stands very good for fly spray, but even if one gets on her, she throws a little tantrum even to the point to throw herself on the ground. Pops right back up and starts to stomp her feet.

This morning I went to let them out into the pasture, she stood up at the barn, peeked her out out as to say, no thank you. But remember, for a long time she couldn't leave that barn, very soft bedding, fans, and she now tends to prefer to be up there. She did go out, but 15 minutes later was pacing at the gate to come back up.
default_wacko.png
:

She's a weaner, a spoiled weaner,,,,,,,,,but we'll take her that way.

Looking at her now u would never know how sick she was. You did a really good job on her thats for sure. And if u dont mind me saying, she looks healthy as a horse, LOL.

Oh My Gosh! Caroline!!

She turned into a beautiful young lady!!

I really laughed when I read this description - "that is her shy, bull headedness,,,,,,,,,,she wanted in the barn, NOW, out of the sun and away from the bugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,how DARE they land on her. And how dare I keep her out to take a picture."

It sounds like Prints is definitely the BOSS and "perhaps" just a bit spoiled but why not? She had a very, very rough start, she is so lucky to be here, so lucky to even be alive and just from what I have read about her - I know you feel you are the lucky ones to have your precious "Little Miss Printscess!"

WE,,,,,,,,for sure are the lucky ones!!!!!

We have had many challenges the past 4 months, and Prints has still been able to brighten each day for me. I so appreciate her.

She had a tramatic experience yesterday evening though,,,,,,,,, :new_shocked: One of her front feet sunk 2" in mud,,,,,,,,,it was aweful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,her little leggy got dirty...............

She is SUCH a girl!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

No way is that big girl my little Printscess! How they do grow up Caro, I still ove her dearly.

Back