Little Church Minis last foal (new photos page 2--check eye color, please)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the adorable babies
default_saludando.gif
~

I love the pic's of your daughter napping CUTE!!

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures & Shetland Ponies

Foals carrying the dilute gene will have light eyes like that. But, in order for him to be a dilute, one of his parents has to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on an adorable colt!! The name Tucker is very special to me too, it was the name of my best doggy friend for 13 years who passed away last year.

Your photos are heartwarming! I just loved seeing them.

Introducing Kennedy to the world of birthing horses is a wonderful experience that she will treasure all her life.

It is amazing at her age what they remember and soak in.

Keep this relationship going. These young people are our future.

I think he is silver dapple or black but appears so light because when you clip him I think you will find he is going grey and will be pretty white.

Thank you for your replies.
default_smile.png

Joanne--Kennedy was able to witness both foals' births this year. It was awesome to have her here. Her dad almost made it in time for Mazie and was here for all of Tucker's arrival. Peter always thanks me for allowing them to be a part of this miracle, and I tell him having them there enhances the experience for me. It keep the loneliness at bay--especially the nights Kennedy was here for hours waiting with me. My husband keeps me company of course, but it's not the same as having a fellow horse lover here.
default_wink.png
Kennedy and Mark are incredible assistants. They hand me everything I need so I don't have to get in/out of the stall 100 times.

I did warn Kennedy that something could go wrong and how did she feel about that. She said since she wasn't attached to the foal, she'd be okay. She's wise beyond her years in many many ways. I'm lucky to have her for a friend.
default_wub.png

My daughter missed them for the first time due to college. She was homesick after missing Mazie, so she got two of her cousins, who attend the same college, to drive her here the next night just to meet Mazie.
default_wub.png
They had to drive back that same night. She's at the crew state meet this weekend, so will meet Tucker when she can. I've sent many photos to hold her over.
default_wink.png

So glad you got your colt Karla!
default_wub.png
He is lovely! Happy that you (finally) got your boy!!!!

Karla --

With his eye color, I think this is the dun gene at work (and think he's grullo, possibly to grey). DunIT had these same color eyes at birth, so did his grey-grulla filly from last year, his (maybe dun) black / grey colt last year, and his red dun colt from this year. It's like a blue-grey color to the eye. With DunIT, Ducky and Passion, these eyes turned very dark brown, nearly black (love the way that works). I am expecting that Trooper will turn out the same, where they eyes don't stay this grey-blue color. From what I have seen, it's related to dun. I recently learned here that also cream dilute foals can have lighter eyes and though we've had plenty of those (you too), I hadn't zeroed in on an eye difference in cream dilute but have observed just the color your seeing in my dun factor foals.

Here are pics to show you. I think it's the same kind of "blue" you are seeing. On Trooper (red) it's harder to see in pic as his eye's dilated in darker stall and bloodshot from hard delivery but are pretty similar to the other foals, and DunIT as a foal. The only horse eyes I've known to stay "blue" are those born that ice blue of double dilutes and from the pinto gene. Also, the darker color comes in pretty fast, w/in a couple weeks I think.

Hope this helps!

Jill

DunIT-baby-eyes.jpg
Ducky-baby-eyes.jpg
Passion-baby-eyes.jpg
Trooper-baby-eye.jpg

(top -- DunIT & Ducky, bottom -- Passion & Trooper)

Oh--so those baby blues won't stay? That's fine with me--but it's all so puzzling when they are so different.

None of Chloe's foal have turned gray so far...but I know that doesn't mean much. None have had a dorsal or blue eyes at this stage either.

So--grullo buckskin is what we're going with for now?
default_smile.png

Mini colors--interesting.
default_laugh.png
My mind can't wrap around it very far.
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh--so those baby blues won't stay? That's fine with me--but it's all so puzzling when they are so different. None of Chloe's foal have turned gray so far...but I know that doesn't mean much. None have had a dorsal or blue eyes at this stage either.

So--grullo buckskin is what we're going with for now?
default_smile.png

Mini colors--interesting.
default_laugh.png
My mind can't wrap around it very far.
default_rolleyes.gif
No......his eyes will most likely darken. True "blue" eyes are very light blue at birth & stay that way.

Little Tucker is absolutely adorable!!!!

Wow what an absolute doll !

love the color!

Congrats!

Congratulations on a very pretty little boy
default_smile.png
His eyes are the same colour as my (now 6 yr old) geldings were as a foal. I expected his eyes to stay blue (what did I know lol) but they ended up a unique amber colour even tho he is NOT a champagne of any kind (has none of the other characteristics) He is registered as a buckskin but his mane tail and points are chocolate instead of black. He sired 2 foals before being gelded and one is bay from a bay mare and the other is a buckskin from a buckskin mare so no help there on colour at all. His eyes may stay lighter but probably not blue IMO.

Thanks for the kind comments and color help. This boy is amazing. He's striking. He holds his head upright every minute--like a prince. And the dorsal on his lighter body--wow! He's so tight in body. After five fillies--I can sure see the difference between the gals and the guys. He's going to be a handful, and I've started working on his manners already. To not give him the opportunity to gum me
default_rolleyes.gif
, I'll hold him gently sideways, as if I'm picking him up. He'll fight it for about 6 seconds, then he just melts into me. I love that feeling.
default_wub.png
He doesn't get up if touched while sleeping.

I laugh all the time at sweet, demur, petite, feminine, long lashed Mazie and tough man Tucker looking at each other through the spaces in the stall walls. What a contrast they make! Mazie seems very curious, but I swear she rolls her eyes at his antics. Oh, it's comical.
default_laugh.png
These are going to be a fun pair to work with!!
default_smile.png

Tuckerheadshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back