Linda Best calling hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilac Lane Farm

Reaction score
We drove to NH for Linda’s calling hours, we arrived around 630 pm and there had already been about 100 people there. It was good to see a lot of people attend. I did not know any of them because we are from NY. I am sure there were other form members there. I think many of them were and are clients of Linda and Paul.

The kids (Courtney, Matt and Kim) are doing as well as they can, and It was so hard to see them all at a loss. The funeral home was decorated with all of their trophies, ribbons and pictures of Linda and the kids. It was very beautiful and they had a picture book of the horses and the children growing up. I even got to meet Mystic Linda’s granddaughter , she was soooo cute.

I can not still believe that Linda isn’t here with us anymore and I will miss her everyday. I had many great years and times showing with her and her family and have made many memories!!

We love you Linda and know that you are here watching
default_wub.png

Heidi

Oh and we laughed so hard on the way there because our GPS took us in circles and it took 8 hours to get there. It should of only took 6????? So we made it back home by 330 am!!!! I know Linda was laughing along with us
default_new_rofl.gif

Heidi,

I am sorry we missed you. My family and I were there from about 5:00 to 7:00. We had to get going as we have a mare due any day now. I kept looking around thinking that some forum members had to be there but which ones were they. There were several members that I did know (Coopermini, Diana, DreamlandNH, Enchantress, & Yankee Minis). I think most of the people there were Linda & Paul's clients.

The beautiful DVD slideshow that was displayed was done by Jen (Normajeanbaker). She had made it for the benefit show last fall. I think she did a fabulous job. I can still remember Linda watching it for the first time last year. It was the night before the benefit show and a group of us circled around to watch it. Linda suddenly broke into tears watching it. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I thought Jen was going to ring my neck because I asked her to do it. Then she turned around and gave Jen a huge hug and thanked her. She loved it.

I thought it was perfect that they had Linda wear her National's T-shirt. She wore that all the time. Almost every time I saw her she had it on.

It was tough seeing the children in so much pain. They are such awesome kids. But Paul is a wonderful father and he will make sure they get through this as best as he can along with the help of family and friends.

Gosh, I miss her so much!

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul is a marvelous Dad and the kids adore him, as Linda did......When I visited them two weeks ago and we went out to lunch...I told Linda on the QT how wonderful he was...and she did her quiet "LOOK" that she did so well, ( more a sideways glance) that spoke volumes!

I am SO proud of the children! They are respectful, loving, responsible, and wise beyond their years. I am so sorry they have had to go through this at these young ages, but they knew without fail that their mother loved them with all her heart, right up to the end and beyond.

We all need to be there for any of them as they grow and become wonderful adults. They are a part of our Mini World, even as Linda guides them from Heaven, we need to help guide them here. Remember to reach out to them...everyone...

Thank you all so very much!

Thanks for the update Heidi, bless you for making that long trip during your pregnancy. I kept her picture and a candle lit all day til just at 9pm. I'll miss her.

Dru,

You saw exactly what I saw and described it so beautifully. I have never seen a husband, wife and children so connected and so in love.

I agree, we need to keep in touch with these children and show them today, tomorrow and always how much we love them.

Sue

Certainly was a nice turnout for the family last night. Especially when we think how far many traveled to get there and how spreadout throughout the Northeast everyone is. Heidi sorry we missed you. We did see many others from the forum. I'm sure there were many others that we did not recognize.

Mark

I was the big pregnant one!!!!
default_wink.png

Yes you could and can see how much Linda and Paul love each other. Linda and I have a conversation last year about me and how I found my true love. She told me the story about how she met Paul knew right away that he was the one for her
default_wub.png

Deb,

I drove home doing 75-95mph (you know me lead foot) and was trying to sit in every position possible to get comfortable. The baby has been lying on a few nerves
default_hypocrite.gif

Dru and Sue sorry we didnt get to meet you

Thanks for the updates and sorry more of us could not have been there. It sounds like it was really nice and did her justice. It sure is gonna be empty without her.

We got there early, Enchantress (Jen) and I. (Apparently I have trouble with math and wanted to leave an hour early.)

I am terrible with faces so I didn't recognize a lot of people.

I thought the pictures, trophies and slide show were incredible. The funeral home was light and airy and tasteful. It didn't feel crowded; just welcoming.

I'm glad we went.

I don't know how many of you believe it such things but I will tell you what happened.

I could not attend the services as I can't drive at night. I was feeling so down and cried that night. The nexst day a teacher I work with told me that she had felt she needed to send me reiki.

But.she said I don't know what I did wrong.instead of going how it usually does, it went right to your heart and all I kept seeing saw was white sparkley feathers floating softly all around.

Well it felt like the air had been sucked out of me. I covered my face with myt hands and started crying so hard right in the classroom.(not a good thing I know, thankfully I only had 4 kids).

Linda used to go to the ocean and I told her very quietly one time to look for white gull feathers it would be good energy!!!!
default_wub.png

I felt it was Lindas way of telling me she had arrived and was okay!!!

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back