Linda Best Benefit Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy

Reaction score
Hi All,

The Linda Best Benefit Show will be held on September 13, 2008 at 9:00AM. It is located at River Gait Farm in the indoor arena in Haverhill, MA. Food will be available.

There are approx. 15 10 x12 stalls available for the day before or the day after the show. We just ask that you bring your own shavings and clean it when you are done. The stall fee is $25.

Views from the property!

DSCN1399.jpg

DSCN1405.jpg

Indoor Arena!

DSCN1415.jpg

We have many raffles planned! Including our "Pre-Entry Raffle!" There is no post entry fee, but however if you get your entries in before September 10th you will be entered into this raffle. The prize is a Digital Picture Frame!

Below are links to the show flyer, class list, entry form, and directions! Unregistered and registered horses are welcome! All minis 38" too!

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/..._Show_Flyer.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...lasslist_1_.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...orm_1_.doc2.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...erGait_Farm.doc

Makayla

I'm coming! I'm bringing Flirt, she'll be in Halter Mares, Jr. Halter, Solid Color and Liberty. Ransom will be coming too, he'll be in Halter Geldings, Liberty, Hunter and Jumper. Going to be a fun time!

As you know, we are going but not bringing horses. Makayla and I will be working at the show. I don't think we mentioned it, but there will be plenty of food. There will be some breakfast food as well as lunch food.

We cannot wait to see everyone and put some forum names to faces!

I'm coming!! See my Blog for details and to follow our show preparations. We are bringing Ruby and Princess.

Mary

Due to popular demand and a special request from Linda Best we are adding a very fun class to the list called "Hands Free Obstacle".

Basically, it is an obstacle class that you have to perform without using your hands/leads. You enter the ring one at a time. Once the gate is closed and the judge gives you the okay to start you will remove the lead rope from your horse. You cannot bait your horse. There is a set amount of time to complete the course.

This is a 50/50 class in which all the class money gets put in a pot. The winner will receive half the money and the benefit will receive the other half. We plan to hold this class immediately after lunch.

Specific instructions as well as the pattern will be posted the morning of the show. This is a very fun class and hysterical to watch.

Makayla

Lizzie and I are coming but not bringing horses. We are helping to run the shows. I will be your announcer (so please if I say your name wrong or your horse's come and let me know).

Lizzie will be running the ribbons to the ring

Makayla, I thought baiting was allowed as long as you didn't drop anything on the ground?

Hi All,
The Linda Best Benefit Show will be held on September 13, 2008 at 9:00AM. It is located at River Gait Farm in the indoor arena in Haverhill, MA. Food will be available.

There are approx. 15 10 x12 stalls available for the day before or the day after the show. We just ask that you bring your own shavings and clean it when you are done. The stall fee is $25.

Views from the property!

DSCN1399.jpg

DSCN1405.jpg

Indoor Arena!

DSCN1415.jpg

We have many raffles planned! Including our "Pre-Entry Raffle!" There is no post entry fee, but however if you get your entries in before September 10th you will be entered into this raffle. The prize is a Digital Picture Frame!

Below are links to the show flyer, class list, entry form, and directions! Unregistered and registered horses are welcome! All minis 38" too!

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/..._Show_Flyer.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...lasslist_1_.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...orm_1_.doc2.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...erGait_Farm.doc

Makayla
Hi, Does anyone know who is judging this show? Looking forward to it!! Hope youhave a huge turnout!!

I'll be there working in the secretary's booth with Sue.

I have Flirt and Randsom's entries. Thanks for faxing them. Makes life much easier and you are in the special raffle.

[SIZE=18pt]Fax number for those that was to use it is 603-358-0494[/SIZE]

I will also take entries over the phone [SIZE=18pt](603-352-9380 after 7pm)[/SIZE] but you will have to bring original entry the day of the show

See you all on the 13th.

Matt Drown volunteered to be the judge. He is very excited to do it and we are very happy to have him. We know he will do a great job!

Hi Everyone,

I just want to clarify the "Hands Free Obstacle Class".

The person who originally designed the class had a rule that bait was NOT to be used. But after some discussion with our benefit show committee we decided we would like to make this class a little less challenging. This is a benefit show therefore we want to get as many people as we can to enter all our classes.

So here is a brief description of the class:

After you enter the ring and the gate is closed take the lead rope off your horse but keep the halter on.

You can use bait. But NOT grain as it could easily fall on the ground making it difficult for the horses that are competing behind you. No buckets can be used. You can use carrots, treats etc. You can NOT feed your horse during the class. It is just to coax the horse through the obstacles. If the horse eats the treat you are disqualified. You have 3 minutes to complete the entire course.

If someone happens to enter the class without bait and does equally as well with someone who does, then the placing will go to the person who does not have the bait.

The winner will receive 50% of the entry fees for this class.

Copies of all our obstacle, jumping, showmanship and halter class patterns will be handed out to exhibitors upon sign in at the secretaries booth.

Sue

Very excited, I was only going to bring Kassie but I decided to bring Covergirl to jump after she cleared 33 inches a few days ago!
default_biggrin.png

Can't wait to see everyone and meet new people.

We are going. Cassidy is going to show Ruby. Thanks to Mary (targetsmom). We are doing barrels, poles and costume. Are they going to be in the after noon? We'll probably get there by 10 am, it's about 2 hours from us.

Christy

Christy,

Makayla has your entry forms/class list ready to be mailed. I will get them to the post office for you today. Yes, the gymkana classes will be after lunch so coming at 10:00 is not a problem at all. There will be signs, but just so you know exhibitors are to park behind the arena where the in/out gate is. The front parking lot is for spectators.

We will have a photographer at the show, Michelle Shea, so everyone will have the option of purchasing professional pictures. Michelle does a great job.

See you there!

Sue

I am so glad to hear there will be a photographer!!! We never seem to have time to take pictures ourselves.

I gave our entry forms and papers to Diana on Sunday so she has Ruby's paperwork already. Ruby had a great show debut on Sunday and is (I am sure!!) looking forward to this.

I got the papers today. I will fax them on Monday to Diana. Which directions would I use? We will be coming from Westrn Ma.

Christy

Christy,

I just Mapquested it from where you live but I don't totally trust Mapquest and I am really bad with directions myself. I also live in ME, not MA so I am not really familiar with the area. I think your best bet would be to send email directly to Sue at River Gait Farm. She can give you all the land marks and highways coming from your direction I am sure.

Sue's email address is [email protected]. She is a super nice person and a good friend of Linda's. She has done so much for this benefit.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know and feel free to write to Makayla at [email protected] as well.

Glad you got your forms in the mail. Looks like will definitely be entered in the pre-entry raffle now!

See you Saturday!

Sue

Latest posts

Back