Lilliput Acres Perfectly Gold

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmh

Reaction score
Last week we lost our mare, Lilliput Acres Perfectly Gold, to colic.

She was due to foal in April 2010, but she aborted on February 17th.

Perdy was not recovering from the birth as she should have.

After various treatments over the course of the next two days, she was not improving.

On Saturday, February 20th she developed severe colic. We had the vet out again, however he gave us a grave diagnosis. Her colic was so severe he said she would never survive the 2 hour trip to the surgery facility.

We made the difficult decision to have the vet put her down.

In our 18 years in the Miniature Horse business, this is the first time we have lost a mature horse. We have lost a few foals at birth due to complications, but to lose a mare that we have owned and loved for 10 years was devastating.

I created a tribute in Perdy's memory that I would like to share.

Steph

What a beautiful tribute to such an Awesome Mare. Just watching brought tears to my eyes. She will join so many beloved horses at the Rainbow Bridge. My best to you and yours for your great loss.

Marie

I'm so sorry for your loss of a beautiful mare and friend

She certainly achieved alot in her too short of a life

and it sounds as though she was very loved

There are no words for such a loss just some ((((hugs))))

and to express our sympathy and to say so sorry for your loss

Such a Beautiful tribute

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
I, too, lost a beautiful mare a few years ago that had been my friend for many years...she was the mare I started with. My darling Missy passed at age 20, due to complications foaling. I also put a tribute to her on my website. So, I know the heartbreak you are going through. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you gave her the best home possible while she was with you.

[SIZE=12pt]Stephanie, I'm so sorry that you lost your beautiful little mare. What a wonderful tribute![/SIZE]

Sometimes words can't describe what it feels like to lose one of your special little ones. You take some peace in knowing that you did everything possible for her. Rest in peace.

What a wonderful tribute to your passing mare. Watching it brought tears to my eye's. I am so sorry to hear about the loss. Hugs go out to you and deep sympathy.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

It is so difficult to loose an animal and friend. Glad you were able to spend those special times with her while she was here.

default_bye-sad.gif
good bye sweet mare.My heart goes out to you and your family.

She was very pretty. She had very pretty foals.

you will be in our prayers

our animals are like our children we love them to pieces.

Beautiful. The tribute brought me to tears. She was very beautiful and while her time was short...........she was loved
default_no.gif

So sorry for your loss.

[SIZE=14pt] What a fine tribute for a wonderful little mare, so very sorry things went all wrong and no words can bring her back, but so many friends here and family can ease the pain a little. We are so sorry and know how you feel..we have lost many!
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

Many Prayers and Blessings,

Jenny and Mel

I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful tribute. I can see how much she was loved while you had her.

What a beautiful girl! I am so sorry you lost her and her baby. Nice video. They really do change our lives.

It hurts, HURTS to lose a foal, but it doesn't compare to the PAIN the loss of an adult horse that been part of your family for years. I know, I've had my share. I wish I could do something to ease your pain. {{{{Hugs}}}} I'm SO sorry!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful mare. I can tell she was really loved while she was here.

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful mare. I'm so very sorry to read about your loss.

Sending you all hugs in the hope that all the wonderful and happy memories will soon take some of your sadness away.

Anna

Beutiful tribute to an obviously much loved magnificent mare. So sorry for you loss.

Latest posts

Back