Lightening made Gary's dreams come true at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
Keely has been a great friend, helping us to learn to drive and allowing us to share Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening. Even if he wasn't incredibly beautiful and talented he has got to be one of the sweetest horses around. Over the last year Gary has driven Lightening at local shows and Keely has allowed several youth to show him in showmanship, hunter/jumper, and halter. This past weekend we flew to Tulsa and Gary showed Lightening in Amateur Senior Gelding Over and Amateur Gentlemens Western Country Driving Over. Gary and Lightening placed third in halter behind Lightening's little brother Mat with Denise Hardesty and Jesse James of Wall Street with Erica Killion. You couldn't ask for better company.

2008AMHRNationals083.jpg

2008AMHRNationals088.jpg

Then Gary and Lightening won Reserve Champion in driving behind R & B Champagne & Lace driven by Pat McGinnis and trained by Patty Cloke. Behind the set Patty even complemented Gary and Lightening on their performance.

2008AMHRNationals149.jpg

2008AMHRNationals196.jpg

Lightening definately earned some time off winning nine top tens this year including a Grand and three reserves in youth and amateur classes. Grandma and Grandpa have the baby carrots ready.

Kyle and I have always loved this horse so much, which is why I put him on the cover of the conformation book. He is perfection in every way including his wonderful disposition. I am so thrilled for all of you. He is an amazing horse!! Congratulations!

Congrats and way to go. I'm so glad you had a great show. How exciting.

Barbie

default_aktion033.gif
SUPER CONGRATS Gary & Ruth!
default_aktion033.gif
How awesome for you!
default_wub.png

Congratulations! Lightening is an awesome horse in deed!

Fran

I am also very thankful to Keely and the Owens for letting my children show Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening at Nationals. He is a very special horse and really knows how to take care of the kids.

My 7 year old son received a Grand in Youth West Co Pl. Driving,12 & Under, Over with him and a Reserve in Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Over.

My daughter also received a 7th with him in Youth Showmanship 8-12, Over.

Couldn't ask for a better horse!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also very thankful to Keely and the Owens for letting my children show Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening at Nationals. He is a very special horse and really knows how to take care of the kids.My 7 year old son received a Grand in Youth West Co Pl. Driving,12 & Under, Over with him and a Reserve in Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Over.

My daughter also received a 7th with him in Youth Showmanship 8-12, Over.

Couldn't ask for a better horse!!

Thanks
I'm so glad that Giggy posted. Here are a couple pictures of Lightening and her incredibly smart and polite son. You should have heard the stands erupt when he won. We were all so proud of him. Sorry that they are a little blurry, I must have been bouncing with excitement.

2008AMHRNationals036-1.jpg

2008AMHRNationals043.jpg

Congratulations! What a beautiful horse...and Keely, he looks lovely in that cart!!!

Latest posts

Back