Dreams do come true

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joylee123

Reaction score
I just wanted to share, that this year has been the best ever for me. Things that I have only dreamt of came true for me and I feel so lucky and blessed.

First of all is the interest my husband Bill has shown in the horses and his accomplishments this year- Bill placed a Regional Reserve Champion at the AMHA Central show, two Grand Champions at the Kansas State Fair and a Supreme Halter Horse at State Fair! Then he went on to win a World Top Ten! He even got up the courage to drive in two classes at two different shows. I have dreamt all my adult life of having a partner to share in the horses, this in itself is a dream come true
default_wub.png

For me personally, I have always dreamt of winning a championship, I have always been the one clapping and cheering for someone else and delighting in their excitement and pleasure. This year was incredible for me. I took 6 Reserve Champions, 4 Championships in halter and driving. 9 Regional Top Ten’s, 6 Regional Championships, 1 Regional Reserve Champion and the Regional AOTE High Point for both Performance and Halter. A Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion and a Supreme Driving Horse at the Kansas State Fair! Then had the awesome opportunity to go on and win 7 World Top Tens (one with our own homegrown filly!) and a Reserve World Champion!!!! To some it may not be much but to me it is extraordinary, it is something that has been in my dreams since I was a child, something I always had tucked away in my day dreams and never really thought would ever happen to me. I have been blessed to meet and be befriended by several awesome people who have been kind enough to help me by sharing their tips, secrets and their years of expertise in the winner’s circle, not to mention the awesome horses I now have the pleasure to own. I so appreciate all the kindness that has been shown to me and my husband Bill, of the support and guidance and above all friendship. This has been an incredible year! Thanks to all who helped make it happen!

Lauralee (Joy) Cunningham

CONGRADTLATIONS!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
I was watching at one of those wins and so happy for you. Congradulations again very happy for you. You deserve it.

Way to go, Joy and Bill! You guys are an awesome team
default_smile.png
CONGRATS!!!!! It is so fun to watch you compete!

Woo hoo. So happy for you. Your post got me teary.....I am so happy your dreams are coming true. It is a wonderful feeling isn't it?

I'm very happy for you! Congrats to you and your husband! Way to go!
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
We are so proud and happy for you & Bill. Congratulations on y'alls much deserved success. Couldn't have happened to two nicer people.
default_smile.png

WOW!!! You give beginners like ourselves a lot of hope
default_aktion033.gif

Sister Kristina

Congrats to you- that is so awesome! I love to hear of a person's dreams becoming reality!

I am so happy for you! What an awesome year you and your husband and horses have had, and so well-deserved!

Woo hoo. So happy for you. Your post got me teary.....I am so happy your dreams are coming true. It is a wonderful feeling isn't it?
Hey Tami, the mare in my avatar is a daughter from your Playboy. She is gorgeous and takes after her father I think.

Marsha

Warmest congratulations, Joy! You have perservered over a number of years, and it has paid off! It couldn't happen to a nicer person, that I know(and I've known you for a good long time!!)

Margo

What a wonderful story!! Congratulations on all of your wins too! I will keep dreaming................
default_yes.gif

Pam

default_aktion033.gif
congrat's Joy!! Glad you had the best year ever! I'm so glad you guys did so well!! I'm just so excited one of my horses could help you accomplish that!!
default_wub.png
So very cool!!
default_biggrin.png

Hi Joy,

What a touching story. I am glad you posted all your wins on this forum, Congrats
default_firstprize.gif

I am so proud of you and Bill.
default_wub.png
Maybe one of these days my hubby will be interested in showing also.

You have some awesome horses.

And sure hope my Precious is in foal to your awesome Lucky Four stallion.

I don't know who would think those wins weren't a big deal! Good Lord. Congratulations on a well-deserved season and on coaxing your partner into this venture with you.
default_wink.png
You're the envy of most of us!

Leia

Thank you so much for all your comments, the mean more than you know
default_wub.png

This year really has been an incredible ride
default_aktion033.gif

Hope all your show seasons are dreams come true for you to
default_biggrin.png

Joy

Joy,

First Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif

Your post really made my day! I am pretty new here and completely new to minis so reading all of your and your partner's accomplishments made me feel less overwhelmed and more excited about taking over my new yearling's show career. Again congrats to you both and thanks for sharing.

Stacy

Latest posts

Back