Let's show off

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I have 2 pure bred dogs, but I do love my mutts. My best buddy is my itchy house dog, Princess. I really don't know what she is (shepherd mix), but she's my baby. It's taken me 2 years to keep her from crapping in the house and tearing everything up, now she's great. I took her to the vet a while back and a lady there commented on the facial expressions that this dog has, and she's right. You can tell exactly what she's thinking, just by looking at her face.

Here's my baby, now let's see yours
default_yes.gif
: (please excuse my cluttered house, I don't feel like taking the time to crop the pictures)

Princess006.jpg

princess-1.jpg

And here she is with her puppy. She uses her hands a LOT and loves to shake hands and give a high five, LOL.

runtherpuppy.jpg

Harvey and I have SIX dogs! 4 shih-tzu, 1 blue merle collie, and 1 "mutt", Maggie. We adopted Maggie from the Culpeper Animal Shelter and she is a VERY smart dog. I think that she is a lab x chow x maybe something else, too :bgrin

When we decided to get Maggie, we only had the shih-tzu's. Then we later decided to get Maggie a "big dog" to play with, so that turned out to be Kelsey who's about 75# and a purebred collie.

Maggie's extremely protective and weighs probably 45# or so. She sits, shakes and comes immediately when called.

Maggie%20--%2012122004%20--%20022.jpg

Maggie%20--%2007062006%20--%20011.jpg

MAGGIE%20and%20WHITNEY%20--%2006082005%20006.jpg

LUCA! My little shepherd huskey cross. He is very expressive and very vocal. He is quite the fluff ball. Naughty as all get out and I love him to pieces!

a5f57e5a.jpg

luc_front.jpg

d9365b3c.jpg

His tail curls beautifully over his back and has a lot of feathering. Too bad it cant really be seen in these pics. Oh well. This is my little wild one. Boy is he ever a character.

This is our Boxer Australian Shepherd cross, Flea. She was given to us at 6 weeks at a flea market
default_rolleyes.gif
: We have now had her for 5 years. She watches the horses and goats and won't let anyone near "her" babies.

foals006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep!! I've got a mutt too!!! She was a dog I brought home while doing a co-op placement thru school at the local vet clinic
default_rolleyes.gif
: She unfortunately is not the brightest dog, but she is a great dog to have around.....I'm sure she is way smarter than any of my family gives her credit for!!! :bgrin She knew where to go to get the turkey out of the porch one Christmas evening (now THAT was funny!!!), and she knew when my Mom was upset over the loss of my sister's rotti last fall...she went back and sat with mom by the creek (mom didn't know Sammie had followed her back there)...
default_wub.png
: Samantha (aka Sammie) is I don't know what kind of cross. She has been Moxie's best buddy (aside from all her corgi friends), but the latest pups in the extended family, she has been getting crusty with...can't say I blame her though!!! lol
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of miss Sammie

Sammie lounging during one of our bonfires at the creek (as soon as she got off this, it was tossed in the bonfire)

IMG_5272.jpg

And sharing a drink with her bud last spring

IMG_7242.jpg

~kathryn

Here's our pooches.. lol All of ours are full blooded now.. At the dairy farm we had crosses, mostly strays that found their way to the farm..

These are mine:

Roxie AKC black/tan Mini Dachshund

102_1143.jpg

Colby AKC black/tan silver dapple mini dachshund

CIMG2175.jpg

My mom's Sheltie

CIMG1475.jpg

My dad's sheltie

CIMG1499.jpg

My brother's JRT:

CIMG1477.jpg

My sister has huskies and an older dalmation, but can't seem to find any pics..

Awww Love your sheltie! Reminds me of our first sheltie Chip.. I miss him
default_sad.png

m_231f9325b0fbc758e9177bdbe19720af.jpg

m_267defd29acca3bca35b76bcc8a659d4.jpg

m_e7398cbe81021436ebbd7f4b06bf867a.jpg

l_9da8c8c6a826cd25077c467494e88d68.jpg

My puppys they are brother an sis....an are pit bulls an they are the best dogs that i have ever had!!! They are just big babys!!!!

Amanda

default_wub.png
: I love all the dog pics.. they are sooo cute. Its very interesting the different breeds that call mini's their family too.

We have three:

This is Kizzie (short for kiss me).. a name given to her by my 7 yr old. She a brindle boston/uncropped ears.

100_1785-1.jpg

This is Booger (dont know whats worse, letting my kids name them or my husband).. He is our newest addition.. He just reached 8 weeks old.

100_1939.jpg

We also have a 2 yr old pit thats nothing like you would think he should be (very loving and very kid friendly) . I dont have any pics of him on here because of a recent computer melt down!!!!

We lost a dear member of our family during Katrina.. it was awful. He was a 9 yr old bull mastiff that a family had brought down from Michigan when they moved. Events in their life forced them to live with a family member so they couldnt keep him. I saw them at a humane society tring to find him a home, but the lady told them they would probably have to put him down because of him being blind. She stood out in the parking lot and cried. I went to talk to her and I took him home. Despite the lady at the society asking me and her to leave.. because we were doing business in their parking lot. We had him 2 wonderful years. The day Katrina hit, he went into a frenzy!! He was totally blind and would hurt himself trying to get under things. I finally got him into a closet, he liked confined places when the weather was bad (it scared him so , I think because he was blind). He had a heart attack and I could not get out off my road for 2 days.. I buried him before I could even call my vet. Everything was out for 8 days here. Sometimes I wonder if there was anything else I could have done for him... His is truely missed and still loved so much!!

red2005.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]I have four dogs...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This is Bo, my Golden, and Patch, the red heeler enjoying an afternoon on the lake.[/SIZE]

Pets026.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Here is my mutt, Dixie, who was rescued from a gas station on a busy street corner.[/SIZE]

dixie.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Last is our newest addition, Chance, the beagle with Bo. They are best buddies.[/SIZE]

BoChance.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Here is our Shih-Tzu girl Princess, two weeks before she had puppies.

Also a little girl out of that litter. (now 3 weeks old)

(Oops sorry,.. is it ok to share a purebred?)

princess.jpg

sarahspuppy.jpg

I do have two purebred dogs, Silky Terriers but the absolute love of my life for the last almost two years is my little dog Tate. He is Chihuahua/Papillion mix and about 6 pounds and I love him with whats left of my heart, he sure has helped fill a huge hole in my life and I will forever greatful to Lee for letting me have him. Unless you truly know me, you have no idea what Tate means to me, he not like any dog I have ever had before.

But here he is, my best friend.

tate2.jpg

tate4.jpg

tate1.jpg

Our newest house mutt a female Shih Tzu 7 weeks old my daughters named her Buttons. :bgrin

buttons.jpg

IMAGE0059-1.jpg

__hr_Rapha1.jpg

these are my babies. The black female is Jireh's Promise Of Provision, she was 2 in this pic. the 2nd is Rapha Adoni, we lost him 2 years ago in may to stomach cancer.

You gotta love those Pei's!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I also have a mini doxi but no pics of him lately. He is b/t long haired. He is 3 and his name is Shadrach.

Here is my little precious "mutt!" Samantha!

She was within an hour of being euthanized, this lady asked if I would be interested in having a poodle/cross dog. I said "Absolutely NOT!! We already have 3 German Shepherds and one very spoiled sheltie!"

I was walking back to my horse trailer and here came this lady carring this awesome, lovable ball of fluff. They had stopped at the place where she was to be euthanized and it wasn't open until noon. When I saw Sammy, I said I will take her and here she is 2 years later. She is just wonderful, we would never part with her, she is boss to the big dogs and the love of my life.

She never leaves me out of her sight if she can help it and right now as I sist at the computer, Sammy is cuddled by my feet just as close as she can get.

Here she is my very, precious little "mutt" dog - Samantha!!

Samantha.jpg

The first is Grizzley. He is a ??? dog. I think the shelter we adopted him from thought he was border collie, aussie cross, but I am not so sure about that. I still can't believe that someone surrendered him. We got him when he was 6 and he is the best dog we have ever owned. He is perfect with the kids, patient, wise, doesn't have any bad habits, doesn't bark hardly ever, doesn't dig, doesn't chew. I just can't say enough wonderful things about him. He is our best friend.

8768846_348.ts1172513043290.jpg

And then there is the pup, Diesel. 4 months old now and really coming into his own. He is quite the snuggle bug, but loves to play too! He is a jack russel/rat terrier cross.

8768785_348.ts1172512826447.jpg

8642237_348.ts1172002116971.jpg

Back