Lets see your "special" miniature horse..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
We all know we have that "one" special miniature horse that means everything and more to us...the one that just does it for us.

Mine is not exactly a miniature, but it is my foundation shetland gelding, Royal
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
. He was my first actual show horse, out of all horses standing in the pasture / barn right now..he has been here the longest, although he was not really my first miniature horse / pony, Coco was of course. Royal just does it for me, he is way way special to me. If he were human, he would be a male model, he knows he is all that and more. He is much more then just another show horse to me, much much more. I can love and snuggle on him all day long and he will just nudge my side, i love that. I have this horse spoiled to death, but he can still turn heads when he enters the show ring. I really cannot think of a way to describe his personality...he is a very feminin boy, he is so proud and really thinks he is all that and more and will stand watch over "his" mares in the other pasture all day, but that is all a disquise..he is really a big sissy (i cannot think of any other way to put it).

He will just stand and watch and wait for you to come to him and do something with him, he can be such a pest. I use to think he was "hot", then i learned he really was not hot headed...just to smart for his own good.

I love him to death though, he is very very special to me. This coming year i think will be his last show season (he is only 9, though), he is one that is not just going to be turned out to pasture to exist...i enjoy having him in the barn and that is where he will stay.

He is such a neat boy, i can chase him around the pasture for 10 minutes with a lunge whip snapping photos and then just walk right up to, put my arm over his neck and walk him right to his stall...he is just to cool.

He has his quirks, he really can be a pain in the butt when it comes to introducing new horses, especially boys, he would be THRILLED if i sold everyone and it was just him and me, sorry Royal old buddy..that is not going to happen lol. He is awesome with the babies though, i remember last year when i brought two weanling colts him, he took it upon himself to protect them..maybe that will be a job for him next year and on, the baby setter when it comes weaning time, i bet he would like that.

..i think he kinda likes me too
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

00xRoyal1.jpg

00xdfs.jpg

00Driving1.jpg

00Driving2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thi is my "heart horse"..."Dawn". She is a 2006 BTU granddaughter, and silver bay roan in color. I have NO idea why I fell for this girl the way I did. She is solid, I prefer pinto, but she somehow wormed her way into my heart pretty much right from the time she was born. Her personality just can't be beat and she has had this sweet, laid back, relaxed personality since she was born! She LOVES attention, is not pushy or bossy, and will stand patiently awaiting her turn. She goes out of her way, and away from the herd, to be where I am.
default_wub.png
I just don't know what it is, and I don't really care either, as she has certainly stolen my heart!
default_wub.png
She is one I am actually considering maybe having trained to drive, as she just seems so unflappable!

These photo were all taken of her this past summer, at 2 years of age.

dawn3.jpg

Here she is giving our little 1.5 yr old grandson a "ride".

dawn.jpg

dawn2.jpg

The 3 boys were playing in the pasture, and were boisterous, which my horses are not used to. They all went the other direction, except for Dawn....she had to get right in amongst it all!
default_wub.png

picsdawn4.jpg

Then she took one of our other Grandson' feathers and proceeded to chew it up to eat! I had to dig it out of her mouth, and poor Jonathon was in tears over his feather being eaten by a horse!
default_laugh.png

picsdawn3.jpg

I have one!

My gelding MCA Buck Suede. He was my first mini, and I became a fan of them after him! I am the only person he listens to( he gets an attitude with anyone else). We just have that special bond, I wouldn't trade anything for him. There are just certain horses who touch your heart. He was actualy the first horse I ever owned, and now my herd is going, and wenow have 5 minis! He is my horsey "soulmate"!
default_smile.png

new%20009.jpg

Oh gosh, they're all pretty special to me, but yes there are those that "stand out" above the rest.. Looking through our group there's three that stand out and I just can't pick one of them, so sorry, but you'll have to put up with stories on all three
default_wink.png

First would be our little Misty, aka Fantoms Mystic Star Catcher... A friend (and member here) saw that my sister was looking for a broodmare and emailed me with a GORGEOUS solid buckskin mare, who happened to be in foal.. Needless to say it was instant love when we saw this gal's photos, she was stunning, one of those you just knew you had to have... So we set up a date to drive out to Indiana to see her/pick her up if we liked her.. A couple days prior to the trip, April 1st to be exact, I get a phone call saying she had foaled a gorgeous, tiny buckskin pinto filly!
default_wub.png
We drove up and again it was instant love with not one but both of the girls.. Little Misty was sooo full of herself, I don't know how so much attitude and prissiness could be wrapped up in such a small little horse lol Unfortunately our time with her momma was cut way too short, a week after bringing them home we unexpectedly lost her, leaving a week old orphan filly behind and us at loss on what to do.. Vets gave us tips, I read and read and read articles, books, I posted here for advice/help, and thankfully with the support of the family, friends and the advice from everyone here and our vets our little girl is now a VERY sassy coming 3 year old... We had our ups and downs, but she never gave up and neither did we, she fought, we fought, and her whole ordeal brought our family closer.. She's not perfect, but she's perfect in our hearts.. She;s the smallest on the farm, standing a whole 27" tall, but boy don't tell her that, in her mind she's 7 foot tall and bullet proof lol

Baby:

Fantomandfilly026.jpg

Fantomandfilly008.jpg

Most recent:

102_2823.jpg

ad-1.jpg

The next would have to be my beautiful girl Star, who sadly is no longer with us.. She was my first miniature horse and the one who got me hooked... She was my best 4-legged friend, always there when I needed to vent, needed to cry, or just needed to 'get away'.. I still cry when I think about her and not being there when she needed me, still feel like I let her down, though I know there was nothing I could have done for her, I lost her to colic last October, I was 70 miles away on campus when mom sent me an IM about her, when I read it I knew I wouldn't see her again.
default_no.gif
You can read the story about her on my website or in the Miniature World Showcase, August 2008..

star.png

And finally we have my new love, Doc, aka Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome.. I truly do believe that this guy was definitely meant to come live here and help heal my broken heart after losing Star.. He's only been here a short time but boy does he have me wrapped around his hoof
default_wub.png
I don't know where to begin with this guy, he's just so, well perfect lol You'd never guess he's a stallion as he's sooo quiet and so easy to work with, you call his name and he comes trotting and looking for attention, he could stand there for hours while you love on him.. He has this look he gives me that warms my heart, when I kneel down beside him he puts his head over my shoulder like he's giving me a hug. Tonight I was knelt down, face to face with him, talking to him and then I put my head against his and he let out a sigh, and it just made me feel happy that he was content and happy too... It's almost like we have that same bond that Star and I had.. .So Chesa, if you're reading this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Doc.jpg

(photo above courtesy of Chesa)

And my fuzzy lil guy tonight:

100_4298.jpg

This is my Special little horse. When we went to look at her she lived with two biggies who chased her. She was dirty and had a halter embedded into her face. You couldn't get near this little mare. With a lead rope around the owners shoulder this little mare bolted the minute the gate was unlatched. We had to run her into a barn and corner her just to put the lead rope on.

She was jumpy and didn't trust anyone. But there was something about this little horse that I found very special.

Took her home and the first thing I did was free her of that halter. After that I took months just trying to gain a little trust from her. Once I began to do that I started using clicker training on her. She immediately turned around and had such a drive to work. I began teaching her to halter herself, to follow me and to let me touch her. The more I asked her to work the more she trusted me.

Me and her instantly just had such a strong bond. I felt what she was thinking. Just last year I felt such a huge sensation on breeding her. Found a stallion I loved and brought her to the breeders farm. She behaved like a perfect angel. She even got away from the kids walking her and ran straight into the barn to the breeder and just stood for her.

1 week after she was there for breeding I went to visit her. Instantly I knew she was bred. Her heat lasted 13 days and we were afraid it was a transitional into winter heat, but I still felt she was bred.

Months went by and she did indeed start to grow. Well since the day I dropped her off I told everyone she was going to have a filly. Once she started getting close to the end of her gestation I was telling everyone she was going to grace me with a filly on my birthday. But what are the chances of that happening right?

Well sure enough my little mare had a little filly just a half hour before I was born. It was amazing. A true gift.

Earlier to find out from a psychic that me and this little mare have had past lives together and that is why we have such a strong connection to each other.

vixon_beautiful.jpg

vixon_beautiful2.jpg

Her Filly: Goodmorning Beautiful

Beauty_3.jpg

Here is my special horse, JMS I Ain't No Drama Queen, aka "Queenie"

58435queenycute2.JPG

How I wound up with her is a wierd story. My friend bought her dam bred, because she wanted the mare. And really didn't care about the foal, or like the sire to the foal. I had only met this mare once right after she got her (then I went back to CA for awhile), never seen the stallion she was bred to. And the mare wasn't the friendliest thing in the world. There were several mares I really liked and liked their previous foals. But I was stuck on her baby. I kept telling my friend this is my foal, I have a feeling this will be my next horse. I told the mare my order lol (Chestnut pinto filly) Later on We had a bet that this foal would be a solid black colt (Dam was solid bay, sire was black pinto with one blue eye) When she was a few days off of foaling, I made the joke that wouldn't it be funny to get a chestnut pinto filly with blue eyes. Just laughed it off.

584351dayoldresize.JPG

(One day old)

Well got a phone call 2 days later and guess what! A loud chestnut pinto with blue eyes was born! She hadn't checked what it was but thought with all that color it had to be a colt, nope it was my filly! And her registered name Drama Queen came from the fact her mom foaled at just short of 1yr gestation. I did not get to meet her until she was a month old, and she had got her moms shy personality. Were you couldn't get near her. My friend was going to sell her due to her attitude (and she had no intention of keeping the foal in the first place) but I told her to hang onto her for me and and see what I could do with her.

584352monthsoldtrot.jpg

(2 months old, first clip)

I sat out with her everyday for an hour to a few hours for 2 weeks (which is what helped out our bond alot I think, I had to earn it). And she would come closer and closer. And one day she came over and layed down right next to me, flat out with her head on my lap and fell right asleep. Me and her have been inseperable since. Everything I have ever throw at her she has taken to like a fish to water. Nationals that year as a weanling, nothing scared her, little kids, traffic, cars, puddles, flags, plastic bags, mats, other horses everything there nothing bothered her one bit.

q22-301x216.jpg

(Area 4 show, Liberty)

She was nothing to train for halter, and she keeps her ears forward and she is alert/expressive the whole class. She loves to run and play in liberty and stops on a dime (And sometimes comes to me) even her first time in the class. She was trained for halter obstacle in a week and you can pull her out of the pasture right now and she does it all off the slightest command. She took a bit in her mouth like it was nothing, and you can ground drive her off her halter with just 2 lead ropes. She has been jumping over anything and everything she can since she was a foal. And I even had a youth showing her this year, and they did well together (It was the girls first year showing, Queenie get her hooked on the show bug) I have high hopes for her as my next all around show horse. In 2008 as a yearling, at every show during the year she placed under every single judge in color, Amatuer/youth/open halter, liberty and open/amatuer halter obstacle, (even in some larger classes, she placed 4th out of 19 at an area show in liberty) The only class she did not place in was 1 obstacle class, at it was my fault
default_rolleyes.gif

queenshow-284x218.jpg

(Area 4 show 2008)

Her only issue is she doesn't think she is a horse, in her mind she is person forced to live outside. And LOVES people! She is in your lap wanting scratches and to be loved. And has never met a stranger at a show. She is going to be a big girl, her mom was 34", her sire is 31.75". She is going to be 36"-37". She was 32" all year, and this winter she is just growing like a weed she was pushing 34.5" last measured and that was in October fresh trimmed :DOH!

Anyways, enough ranting
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
. Great horses everyone! Its always awesome to find that one special horse that bonds with you like no other horse every will.

What a neat thread! Mona I loved your term "heart horse"... I would love to share but unfortunately my "Heart Horse" belongs to someone else now

this is My Aura Girl...

100_1471.jpg

I got her my freshman year on holloween! Not only was i starting highschool, i started high school with my donkey. She has always been there for me. LOL, she even helps me catch Leia. she will herd her into the corrner. She is a great donkeys, fun and puts up with alot. she tells me to go to bed... literally... if my light in my room is on, late at night, she will brey, and brey and brey, untill it goes off!

What beautiful minis everyone has.

My special one, would be Maggie of course.
default_laugh.png
Here she is body clipped.

glamermaggie4.jpg

And in winter..

maggiemewalking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are very happy with all our minis but there is one that stands out - Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (The Princess). We bought her as a weanling for her bloodlines, beauty, and movement, but are now totally taken with her personality, intelligence, and versatility.

Beauty - here is one of the original baby photos of her that led us to select her.

Fashion2.jpg

Bloodlines - Her sire is FWF Blue Boys Magic Man and we already knew and liked Leesides Nantucket Blue and loved the photos of Aloha Henry 143 (both paternal half brothers). We love all of Magic Mans' get that we have seen, but many have won their World Championships and other awards after we bought Princess. Her dam is Fallen Ash Farms Goodbye Girl, dam of Fallen Ash Scouts Thief of Hearts, Aloha Acres a Girl by Design, and Fallen Ash Scouts Dream Girl (all National Top Ten or better, or producers of same).

Movement - This is a recent SHORT video, not the one we had back when we were making our choice. She hasn't lost her ability to make our jaws drop though. We especially like her long stride and ability to extend, which may not be obvious here. Short video clip

Personality & intelligence- Since we bought her sight unseen, her quirky personality was a wonderful surprise, and also one reason she has never been sent off to a trainer. We couldn't bear to part with her! She always wants to be the center of attention - hence her barn name THE Princess. She never walks when she can strut or prance She is also extremely intelligent, which has been a challenge in training her. Sometimes I feel I have to get up very early in the morning to stay one step ahead of her! But she also knows why she is in the show ring, and who the judges are, are rarely makes a mistake when it matters (despite the fact she might be acting up 5 seconds before entering the ring). Note that I didn't say "sweet" but "quirky"... And she just oozes personality.

Her versatility is impressive - and I am proud to have done all her training myself. We show mostly Pinto and she has her Pinto Championship (in 2006) and ROMs (35 national points in each) in halter (over 250 points), trail (175 points), driving, hunter, jumper, and even color. She was High Point Mini (9 classes to count, including 4 in driving) at 3 of our 4 Pinto Shows this year and has over total 650 points. She has also been in the Miniature Horse Breed Demo at the MA Equine Affaire, did a timed cones course against teams of big horses as part of a demonstration this summer, and can also stand for hours with her buddy Ruby while children pet them in our local Farm Fest. Oh, did I mention she is only 4 years old?

Demonstrating her jumping ability at a recent show:

080920-D024.jpg

Here is my old friend Stormy. He is 28 years old this year, not many teeth left, grey around the muzzle but still knows he is THE number one horse on the farm Stormy was the first mini I ever had the privelage to drive and show though I did not own him at that time. Many years later when I was looking for my first minis to buy, I contacted his owner and talked them into selling him. He has sired some amazing horses and one of his great grandsons is in training right now. He has been in parades, shows, to retirement homes, given wagon rides to 4Hers, and was part of Michigans sesquacentenial (sp) wagon train across the state.

Indigo2004.jpg

This could get long!
default_wink.png

My grandad bought Image at the NFC dispersal sale, along with 4 other young stallions. They were all promptly gelded at our house! Grandad started him in harness, thinking to get him driving and offer him at our open house and sale we were planning. The first time he hooked him to the cart and drove him out of the arena, we all said, put him away, he's not for sale, there was already evidence he would be a great driving horse. The year after that I started showing him. I started back at the beginning with his driving training, and with Grandad's help went through all the steps with him. Good for both of us as it was the first time I'd started with that green a horse and Image has never been accused of being the brightest bulb. It took literally months for him to figure out that he was supposed to jump both ends over the jump, he would jump with his front end, and then walk through the jump with his hind legs.

Just a couple weeks before his first show we had a minor wreck. I think he was stung by a bee, he leaped sideways, putting one wheel of the cart over a bush and tipping it over. He didn't seem very perturbed by it, but I was worried about him and took it very easy after that. Our first show was in 1996, I was 16 and it was a learning experience for me. For the first time, every ribbon (or lack of ribbon) was a reflection on what I'd taught him, when we levelled our first obstacle driving course, I was upset, not because he had misbehaved, but because I hadn't prepared him well enough. At that show he also won his first (and only!) halter trophy for Reserve Senior Gelding (I still have it on my desk!) and, for the first time, I asked him to GO! We were in the barrel race, I stopped worrying about him so much, and I distinctly remember the moment I thought "well, this is a safe, enclosed environment, there's no one else in the ring, lets see what he can do!" and on the homestretch I sent him on .... he was, without a doubt, the fastest, smoothest horse I'd ever driven!

That fall, my brother's horse, who we'd both been planning on showing at the AMHA Nationals, came up lame, so Image went. He wasn't ready, and the only top ten he won was in 7 and under showmanship with my youngest brother (and that only because there was 10 in the class - after showing and standing still in huge showmanship classes with me in 13-17, and John in 8-12, by the time he got to poor little Mike, he was NOT a happy camper!). However, he held his own in his roadster classes, and I remember a trainer, after watching Youth Roadster, telling me "you were robbed", that I should've placed. Which was fun!

Image loved to go fast, roadster was his class, as well as barrels and stakes. He once hit 2 cones in the stake race, and with 10 seconds in penalties, still won ... soon though, everyone was practicing their barrels and stakes, trying to beat him, which made for a lot of fun competition in our club!

In 1998, my last year as a youth, I flew down to Reno for the AMHA Nationals ... the highlight was when we placed third in Youth Roadster, which was both super exciting and kinda disappointing, as he didn't win a trophy, but had done so well! However, since I had to leave and go back to college before the Grand & Reserve Roadster class, it was probably just as well! The best part was when one of the judges came up to me in the bathroom soon after the class to tell me she'd placed him first.

When the Calgary Stampede started awarding the Canadian National Champions, I was very excited when he won Reserve Champion Single Pleasure Driving, and earned his very first neck ribbon!! And even more excited when he won Canadian National Roadster Horse, a title he would hold for the next 5 years.

At one show I remember, he was Grand Champion Single Pleasure under both judges, Grand Champion Roadster under both judges, and got a Grand and a Reserve in Country (back when cross entries were allowed).

One year we had brought him in to Aggie Days on a cold March Wednesday, to do a driving demo for the kids. Saturday when we brought him back to drive again, he was lame on his left hind. The vet and physiotherapist figured he'd slipped on the ice and hurt his SI joint. After a couple months of rest and treatments I was soon driving him again, but it was a problem that often recurred and needed attention.

Another time I'd just finished driving him when we noticed his eyes were reflecting orange ... the vet said we better bring him in (they don't mess around with eyes!) and by the time we got there he was obviously unable to see. The vet said his eyes were full of broken down amino acids, and that his pupils were snapped shut. The priority was to get his pupils open, because otherwise they can stick shut. So home we went, putting Atropine to dilate his pupils and antibiotics in his eyes every 2 hours. I was so relieved when his pupils opened by about 10 o'clock that night, and the next morning when he was his usual, rambunctious self, asking for his breakfast with his head over the stall gate, I figured we were out of the woods. But when I turned him into the round pen (he had to stay out of the sun) while I cleaned his stall, he promptly walked into the fence. Luckily, during my immediate frantic call to the vet, they said it was probably the protiens blocking his vision, and that we would have to wait for it to clear. He was blind for the better part of a week, and then still had to stay out of the sun because of the meds. We bought him a fly mask, and the first time I was able to drive him was just amazing ... I had been doubting for a couple weeks that I'd ever be able to drive him again, and then there we were, flying though the hay field, with him throwing in a couple little happy bucks, and me with just the biggest grin on my face. Since we'd by then come right up to our first show of the year, which that year was the Canadian Nationals, I wasn't hoping for much with almost no conditioning, and was just so happy to be showing him. We pulled his fly mask off at the gate (we were lining up outside, showing inside), and the two of us may not have been the best in the ring, but we were definitely the happiest! That first class, where I think we placed 4 and 5, is quite possibly my favorite show memory ever, just being so grateful to be in the showring with my horse who was loving it as much as I was. When we squeaked into the Roadster championship class on a second, I realized that we weren't out of it and really drove, and Image once again ended up Canadian National Roadster Horse. Icing on the cake!!

Along the way Image won his Superior Event Horse in Open Roadster, and an Honor Roll buckle in AOTE Roadster, as well as some National Top Ten's through the years.

We battled his lameness for years, keeping him sound enough to show, but the hauling became pretty hard on him ... he'd be sound at home and then not by the time we got to the show, and it broke my heart when I had to scratch him, though often he was just lame enough that I knew, and so long as I drove him at 80% he wasn't sore. I remember coming out of the showring with 2 Grand Champion ribbons, trying not to cry because I knew we were coming to the end.

I agonized over showing him his last year .... we were just taking him to the Stampede, our closest show so that the trailer ride wasn't bad, but I was afraid that I was doing it for me, and I didn't want to hurt him just because I couldn't handle leaving him home, or worse yet, because I wanted to win. Finally, I enlisted the help of Bonnie Fogg. She told me lots of interesting things ... that the reason he doesn't get along with other horses is because he thinks he's better than them, that he wanted to know "where the music went" (we stopped putting him in Liberty, which he loved, when he started having soundness issues), that he's a clown and that he's a hero - if he knows what you want him to do, he'll do it to best of his ability. I already knew that.
default_wub.png
But she also said that he wanted to tell me that I better stop "giggling with my friends" at the shows and take it seriously, or we "wouldn't win". I took him to that last show, and we needed it, I think, for both of us to realize that he couldn't do it anymore. Oh he placed okay, seconds and thirds, but it was obviously the end of an era.

It was hard to make the decision to retire him, but it was harder when the next summer, when we were going to shows without him, and he wouldn't let me catch him for months. Everyone told me he was just enjoying his retirement and didn't want to have to work, but I know that he was mad at me for going to the shows without him. Finally, that fall, I brought him in to teach my 4H kids to ground drive. He took it very seriously. He'd always been good at adjusting for the skill level of his driver, going carefully and slowly with a beginner, and fast, strong and opinionated when I drove him. After he started working with the kids, I think he felt he had a job again, and that helped his transition to retiree a lot.

Image's last show was in 2005. This summer I realized how much I still miss him at the shows, there was a driving horse there that reminded me so much of Image, there I was crying my eyes out while unhooking my current driving horse - who is a pretty great horse in his own right! I went home with this idea that I'd bring Image to a show, why not? I'd been driving him every month or so since he retired from showing, and he was okay for a while at home, be worth a try. But when I went to drive him, he'd deteriorated a lot. He was lame, but that's not the worst part. My impatient, energetic, enthusiastic brat of a horse, never pawed while I was harnessing, stood still and never tried to bite me while I hooked him, was happy to walk, and never once tried to take over and tell me where we were going. I drove him a few times, put him on some more joint supplements, and finally accepted it .... he is not longer a driving horse, and if he's okay with that, I guess I'll have to learn to live with it as well.

NFC Illusions Image
default_wub.png

image.jpg

IMJULY98.JPG
(hehehe, look how young and skinny we both are!
default_laugh.png
)

imagestakes.jpg

image4.jpg

imageskijoring1.jpg

image03.jpg

I have had many horses big and small in my life from Sunny, who got me through my teenage years alive and sane, to Peach, the 15 year old Quarterhorse mare with 11 previous owners who laid down in the sun in her paddock a couple years back at the age of 33 never to get up again, to Brooke, the incredibly incorrigibly intelligent Thorobred, and several in-between or among, to the many Minis - Rocky the great, Ari with his sweet and quirky ways, Dream with her soulful brown eyes, Lady who has grown to love and trust when no one could blame her for not, to mention a few faves, but there is ONE that stands head and shoulders above the rest (although not in height) and always will.

You have all likely met him before as I may have mentioned him the odd time
default_rolleyes.gif

MiLo's Willie Be Good.

WilliepleasureE.jpg

I bought this horse for $150 as a scrawny, worm infested, rainrot encrusted weanling at an auction as he was just soooo tiny and cute and so obviously needed someone to love him. He was my first Mini and started my love affair with the breed. He is a do it all kinda guy that jumps, does obstacle and drives - all in a spectacular way! He is not the best conformed horse on the farm but he is the one who draws everyone's attention when they visit. He has more presence than any horse I have ever encountered. He KNOWS he is it. He is very arrogant and sure of himself and yet very easy to handle. He knows when a kid or beginner is in the cart and acts accordingly. When we are driving all I have to do is think about what I want him to do and we are doing it. He is feather touch light in your hands. He never says no and gives it his best try every time. He has so much strength and heart and, need I say, I LOVE HIM like no other.

Well, it's not like this is any kind of a secret,,,,,
default_rolleyes.gif
I am sure many who even noticed I am posting, or have,,,just by seeing my name know that special horse I am going to say is PRINTS!!

Prints was born here on Memorial Day 3 years ago. She quickly become the 2005 Forum Baby. Not that it is always a good thing, it was because I needed so much help with her, it was pretty much a daily thing. If I didn't post about her I would get pm's asking me if something had happened to her. It very much took this entire forum to get her through many, many days. If not for those here, it really could have been different.

Not only does she have ME wrapped around her little feet, she has a few members wrapped as well.

In short,,,,,,,really this is WAY short.

Prints was born with no sucking reflex. I fed her every hour for days, even through the night. She was tubed several times, tore out stitches, dehydrated several times, choked a few times, joint ill, then refused to eat period. I tried ever idea under the sun to get her to eat and some ideas were pretty far out there. After weeks of all this she decided to maybe nurse, mom had no milk.
default_wacko.png

That horse was thrown into the cab of my truck countless times as an emergency to get her to a vet. Her numbers from tests were way bad for a long time, was told several times to let her go. Uhhhhh, not an option.

Anyway,,,,has been GREAT since. She very much has an attitude and Bonnie will tell you that,,,,,(she helped tons),,,,Prints wants it this way, no other way, and wants it now. She is not a boss mare, she is a spoiled rotten, to the core mare.

Not that that would be my fault or anything.
default_rolleyes.gif
After my human kids,,,,,,yeah, she's next. She and I always do great together and I am sure always will,,,,,,,because she has me right where she wants me.

prints.jpg

Mine is and always will be Savannah. She was the first foal born here out of my first mini ever.

We bought her dam, Belle, from some folks that had bought her to produce color. They bred her to a sorrel stallion and got a sorrel colt. Next a b/w stallion and got a sorrel colt. Went back to the sorrell stallion and sold the mare. I bought her and we got the cutest, tiniest black and white filly! She was in your lap from day one and has been since.

At 2 years old, she coliced. I made the decision to go ahead with surgery. She came out fighting! The vet and anyone that saw her admired her and fell in love. If it hadn't been for all the staples in her belly she probably would have been bought (if I had let her go!
default_rolleyes.gif
).

She was my show horse even though she wasn't up to the standards that are there now. She is the short stocky type, only 28". Her best event is halter obstacle. She will do anything I ask her to. At one show, they had the "caraousel" for the first time. They had taped off 2 spots and the horse had to "step" over it as the obstacle. Well, Toot was too short to just step over so she had to jump each leg of it. It was pretty cute to see her trying so hard. She still loves her obstacles and enjoys going out whenever we can.

We lost her 3/4 sister to colic when she was 2 years old too. She just wasn't the fighter the Toot is.

Last year, she had a major accident and lost her left eye. She has become a little more standoffish but I don't blame her. She runs and plays just like normal and I'll still play obstacles with her but she will NEVER leave us to live with someone else. She is 8 this year and I hope she has a long life from here on out.

toot01.jpg

airborn.jpg

toot04.jpg

Latest posts

Back