Let's See Your DOGS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Well, it seems like most horse people are also dog people. I thought it would be fun to have a thread to show off our dogs! If I could only have one kind of animal, it would be dogs. I love a couple of mine so much it hurts. I get more day dreamy / excited about horses but dogs are family and they are like kids to H and myself.

Here are my dogs.

First is Winston. Most of you know about him. He is the child of my heart:

WINSTON%20--%2006082005%20002.jpg

Here is Willow, who is "Winston's" dog. She and Winston we raised from puppies. Willow is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but she is very sweet and if the other dogs are fussing with each other or I'm upset enough to cry, she is the peace-keeper-comforter.

WILLOW%20--%2006082005%20046.jpg

Here is Whitney whom we purchased for $25 as a 2yo. I saw the ad and know how sensitive shih-tzu dogs are so we went and got her right away before someone else did just to have an "expensive" dog for only $25. She had had 2 homes already! She was and is totally house broken and quiet. She is the most excited to see us when we get home, but she never will give kisses or show much affection. She loves H more than she loves me but if the Thunder Monster is around, then she only wants her Mommy:

WHITNEY%20--%2006082005%20014.jpg

Webster, also adopted as an adult. He is kind of a pill really... He's cute but here he is sporting a cocker-spaniel clip. He and Winston don't like each other much though both are neutured. He used to live tied to a tree and was formerly named "Chestnut":

webster-012702-2.jpg

Maggie, our Lab x Chow adopted as a puppy from the shelter. She is about 45# and is an awesome watch dog. She is VERY protective of us and our property. She is outside all day, inside at night. She adores Winston and he loves her so much, too. They play together and she's very gentle with Winston:

Maggie%20--%2007062006%20--%20010.jpg

Then last but not least is our "big" dog, 65# blue merle collie Kelsey. The photo queen. She is a good dog but extremely sensitive. She came home at 7wks of age. She stays outside in the daytime with Maggie and sleeps inside at night. She is good with horses and the dwarf goats.

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20059.jpg

Would you consider tradeing a horse for Winston?
default_wub.png
:

Morning Jill -

You know how I feel about my dogs...Doug and I are just like you and Harvey...our dogs are like kids!

Here is Brutus...he is 11, 110 lb lab, we have had him since he was 4 months old. He is my sweetie
default_wub.png
:

HPIM0910.jpg

Here is Radar...a mix...he is about 5, 45 lbs, we rescued him when he was about 1.

HPIM0911.jpg

They go everywhere with us and they are best buds...on the boat watching Doug catch a fish:

HPIM1006.jpg

Here they are modeling halters:

fcfe363f.jpg

Here they are just chillin out:

HPIM0474.jpg

I'm just on my blackberry now and can't see pics but will be back on later with my laptop.

Ashley, I actually wouldn't trade Winston for a million horses or a billion dollars. He's eight now and I don't know how I'd live without him. I can't even be rational about him. Its like I'd take years of my life for more time with him. He is my best friend
default_smile.png

Jill, I absolutely love your Kelsey! I remember when you first showed us pictures of her.
default_yes.gif
:

Here is my doggie.

She is a 4 year old Boxer. Love her to pieces.
default_wub.png
:

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

Here is my crew. Scott is gone so much that the dogs are my sole company a lot of the time. I would be lost without them.

Max is a silver sable German Shepherd. He is very typical adult male GSD and is very aloof with strangers, but he is a good dog.

max_aug1.jpg

Heidi is a UKC Champion White Shepherd. She was my first shepherd and is my gentle soul.

Heidi_small.jpg

Here is my Ilse. She is going to have 9 puppies (edited to 11 puppies as we redid her x-rays this morning) in the next couple of weeks.

ilse_free.jpg

Gretel is Czech bred. Her grandfather is a border patrol dog in the Czech Republic.

gretel_adult_1.jpg

Anke is just 8 mos. old and is a clown.

anke_08-11-06_small.jpg

Daisy May is a Pit Bull. She is my constant companion.

daisy1_small.jpg

Boogie is also a Pit Bull who is 85 lbs. at 8 mos. old. He is the quietest and kindest boy you will ever meet.

bo_sticking%20out%20tongue.jpg

Jean

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I don't have pictures up loaded so I can't post all my woofy kids. I have seven though and I thought I was alone in that but I guess not. yay!!! My dogs come first really. I almost should sell some of my horses because my dogs come first so much. i am even in a training course right now to get my Instructors certificate for Obedience. And I just took over the Dog 4-H in our area too I love them all so much. I really just adore dogs! I have a white coated yellow lab named Karma, a chocolate lab named Cookie, a black lab named Sadie, a Pomeranian named Muffin, a rescue Golden/ Cocker mix named Molly, a German Shepherd name Ahnya, and my absolute soul mate pride and joy, love of my life, My Golden Retriever Ruby. She knows me unlike anyone ever!

Hey, I just went and checked and I do have pictures of all but two of them.

So, here they are, my woofy kids.

Karma.jpg

Karma six month old white coated yellow lab.

SadieFunny.jpg

Sadie, two year old black lab

Muffin.jpg

The only picture I had of Muffin, three year old Pomeranian

Ahnya10wks-1.jpg

Eight month old Ahnya, obviously I need a new picture of her highness. She is also my dog and she knows it. My big brave Shepherd is a big wuss! She will crawl into my lap for protection, the big stinker. Hee hee hee. Got a new kitten a couple days ago and she is petrified of her. Such a tough dog. LOL

RubyPretty.jpg

And finally, the love of my life, Ruby, four years old purebred, dark Golden Golden Retriever. Gypsy Winds Royal Ruby Red.

Edited to add, Ruby was hit by a car almost two years ago adn I thought she would never be right again, but after soem very expensive surgery, she is like new and you cannot even tell she was ever hurt. She laid on a blanket next to my bed for a week without moving a muscle and then went in for surgery. She has a steel plate and eight titanium screws in her pelvis now.

ahhhh, finally got some non show pictures of Moxie uploaded :bgrin

Of course here is Cdn CH Finnshavn Bubble Gum Moxie CGC (aka Moxie & princess):

moxieaug06.jpg

And Moxie's buddy Samantha, who is a mutt I saved from being put to sleep 9 years ago

IMG_5272.jpg

And the 2 of them:

IMG_7242.jpg

~kathryn

BlueDunsDogs061.jpg

Kassy- doing her "you looking at me??" pose.

cc471dcb.jpg

Kiri , in Kassy's chair!!

march24-03-03012.jpg

Kitty doing what she does best

BlueDunsDogs004.jpg

Kitty and Kassy outside the stables- I need to get some of the new boy, now!!

[SIZE=14pt]Ok you asked for it! lol Dachies first.[/SIZE]

Babs, 3 years old

ed6b8c68.jpg

Coco, 2 years old

f035141d.jpg

Laredo 5 years old

f0a31e1f.jpg

Baby Blue, one of the small girls at 7 pounds

efee313e.jpg

Coral the other tiny at under 7 pounds

efee30ca.jpg

Candy Dapple the baby at 6 months old and 5 pounds

edeb2447.jpg

Faye, new momma berfore pregnancy

ed66c2c8.jpg

last but not least new smooth stud muffin Gustav

ecd8deb2.jpg

more in next post

[SIZE=14pt]Corgi barn crew/[/SIZE]

Jake is the Fat Man

efaf6682.jpg

Caroline

f14f1466.jpg

and last but not least my eyes Esther she is on the left and sister Sarah is on the right taken at school

f6238ab3.jpg

Hows that for a passle of puppies!

Lyn

S12.jpg
Heres my boy Sugartown Storm Warning he is just over 2 years about 185 lbs and 33 inches at the withers :lol:

S11-1-Storm.jpg

ed6de5bd.jpg

Oh what a FUN thread!!! :aktion033: I Love seeing all the canine companions!! Altho I have not taken a look see at all of them yet I'm gonna post mine and then go and enjoy the rest of the posts.

Here are my two girls Lakota, my Cane Corso at 17 months, and Tweety my Boxer at 4 years old. And then there's "Larry" my cat in the mix. :lol:

Just lounging around one afternoon.

ecd7df09.jpg

Lakota last summer.

ecd7df62.jpg

Game of ball anyone?

ecd7df55.jpg

Whose bigger than who?

ecd7df1e.jpg

Sisterly love

ecd7df17.jpg

I just finished goig thru all the pics....what awesome dogs everyone has!!! Tiff I have to say Storm looks wonderful! And here I thought that Lakota was big at a hefty 112 lbs!!! I could not imagine her being 185!! :new_shocked:

This is Keeleigh (pronounced Key-Lee). She's a 7 month old Rottweiler/Golden Retriever cross. I've had her since she was 9 weeks old and she is the love of my life, along with my horses of course.

horse%20and%20dogs%20pics%20(17).JPG

horse%20and%20dogs%20pics%20(25).JPG

I work at a doggie daycare and boarding kennel where I "have" 30+ dogs. I try not to show favoritisim towards any of them, but sometimes it can't be helped. The ones I have "taken under my wing as foster dogs" are two male Catahlouas, another Rottweiler/Golden cross (this cross I have found is VERY SWEET and smart), a Boxer, three Golden Retrievers, a Pitbull/Aussie cross (who I might mention for all you Pitbull haters out there, is the SWEETEST dog you will every meet. Not a mean bone in his body and such a kissy face. His "sisiter" is a Min Pin, who he absolutely loves!) and a couple Austrailian Sheperds.

I have decided that I would like to own at least one dog from each of these breeds listed above (yes, I'm going to have a full house! :bgrin ). I've also considered breeding Rottweilers to Golden in order to produce "Goldweilers", which as I said, seem to be very affectionate and intelligent animals. Aside from showing horses, I'd like to try some Obedience, Agility, and Conformation classes with my dogs. My love for dogs is as strong as my love for horses. I want to be a part of that "world" in every way possible. I'm going to be a busy bee...

Erin

100_0681.jpg

These are 2 of my dogs. The little one is Cami my Cairn terrier as a puppy. She's 1 1/2 now and such a cool little dog. Her and Duke(the Golden) are such buddies and rough house and play all the time. They both love to jump in their wading pool together. My third dog is an Australian shepard named Chance( I didn't have a pic of him in photobucket and am too lazy to find one!) He's getting older now and a little arthritic and cataracts in both eyes. But he can still herd those minis!!

I just love my puppy dogs! :bgrin

Please don't start a thread about cats......don't have enough space in photobucket! :bgrin

I love love love dogs! These are great photos shown.

And this is a perfect format to introduce our new GSD puppy, we picked up

late Thursday night...

Don't have any super photos of him yet.....he's a big old lazy floppy pup.

His legs still don't work in unison, his ears go one way and then the other.

He walks down two stairs and belly flops down the rest, isn't much better

going up stairs. Today he did make it into the van by himself, almost, just

needed a little boost from behind.....

Soon he'll get all those puppy parts coordinated, grow into those feet and ears.

We finally named him today....we've been calling him BabyBear, as his temperment

is so like our Bearboy we lost a month ago today. But he needed his own identity.

This is Chevy......

Sv300025-1.jpg

We have three very special dogs!

Zeus and Hera are our two Anatolian Shepherds. Zeus is 3 years old, 170 pounds, and Hera is 9 months old. Both exhibit strong guardian skills. I regret that I do not have more pictures of Hera!!!! She has earned her place as family favorite and she has been an excellent addition!

Jasper is our Pembroke Welsh Corgi. He is my "helper puppy" and he is the love of my life and my constant companion.

052206HeraNZeus.jpg

2005helperpuppy.jpg

2-14-04snowdog.jpg

7-14-03jasperlucky.jpg

7-5-03paddlin.jpg

Jasper4-26-03.jpg

jasper5-23-02.jpg

4-5-04withpromise.jpg

Latest posts

Back