Let me see your silver dapples and cable show halters!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstar

Reaction score
I recently posted about where you all got your show halters from ( thanks for the replies and messages! ) I have been looking at everyones sites and still cant make my mind up what style i prefer!!!

Please could you post some pictures of your Silver Dapples so i can see the different styles and how they look on a Silver Dapple???

Here is a pic of mine so you can see what he looks like ( sorry they are so big )

081.jpg

ty049.jpg

I don't have any minis that look good in a cable nose band, but here are my two silver lady bugs in some arab style show halters. Neither of them had been conditioned for the pictures. Lou wasn't even clipped. Hope was clipped -- took her to a show to keep her yearling daughter unstressed and she took Grand Champion Senior Mare while she was just there for companionship! Not too bad for a never been shown 2x broodmare
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Edgewood Skip To My Lou[/SIZE]

1994 AMHA/AMHR silver dapple pinto with sabino brood mare – halter championships – push button driving horse

Hopefully in foal for 2008 to “DunIT”

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Lou%202002%20headshot.jpg

LOU--07312006--%20115.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope[/SIZE]

2002 AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple with Sabino mare – Halter Grand Champion – Daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20057.jpg

2007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20036%20Hope%20Halter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry thats the kind i meant!!! Lovely horses thankyou...

Keep them coming!!!! I love silver dapples!!!

default_smile.png
I think a lot of people do call that kind cable halters
default_smile.png

I also love silver dapples. Cream and silver dilute are my favorite color "things". All our mares except one (a bay leopard) are silver and or cream dilute
default_yes.gif

I have halters like Jills but I have one with a red nose band. Wow does it ever pop on

my Silver dapple. I don't have a picture of her yet but will try to get you one tomorrow.

Maryann

Heres mine, Southern Hearts Sexy Sharkeeta, Shes just turning 3 years old.

Joyce

sha_G.jpg

I only have one silver dapple......though I love that color! Here's Dream.

Dreamlizpic.jpg

Here is Alladdin in a few different styles:

alladdinlight.jpg

headshot.jpg

Pangraf02.jpg

OG2007-Halter1.jpg

Oh, I love me some Alladdin!
default_wub.png

mouse8-25-03a.jpg

Mouse as a five-month old colt in a sterling look w/one single blue stone in the center of the nose. A bit much for his coloration, I think, though not out of line entirely. Would look better on your starry dapple horse, IMO.

mboringh.jpg

Mouse in a borrowed halter. Very ornate nose, but the finish was muted. I like this ok, but it doesn't pop w/his color.

mousesh4.jpg

My gelding Mouse in a Shetland style show halter. We use this for jumping, but I think it looks rather nice on him, though not as nice as his Victor:

mweb06.jpg

Mouse has a very large, plain head, though he has a nice expression and his coloring is such that it needs just a little bit of sparkle. This halter is just like it was custom made for HIM. I think no other halter he's worn has suited him so well.

Every horse is different, though. Your little starry dapple mini would look great with some more sparkle (as in the silver instead of a muted pewter look like Mouse's halter) and perhaps a few accent stones of red or blue, but keep 'em small and tasteful, or even a bright blue or red band. Your horse's color is just WOW so needs a bit more in the way of a halter to draw the attention back to the head.

That's just how I feel about it.
default_smile.png

It's nice if you can go to a show and try halters on YOUR horse. We are lucky to have Showtime come to our local shows to let us try various sizes and styles. Jerry's great at picking what goes with which horse, too. I wish we could clone him for the rest of you b/c you should see some of the new closed-ring halters he had at Worlds that had a pewter finish!!! Yowza!

Other than that, Victor is my style of choice for almost any horse.

Liz

I dont have a silver dapple, but I saw his coloring and had to comment. I think he would POP in a victor with a bright blue nose band and silver trim. I prefer the "older style" victor. I think its style D. Victor is a grea guy to deal with, I get all of my stuff from him.

I don't have any minis that look good in a cable nose band, but here are my two silver lady bugs in some arab style show halters. Neither of them had been conditioned for the pictures. Lou wasn't even clipped. Hope was clipped -- took her to a show to keep her yearling daughter unstressed and she took Grand Champion Senior Mare while she was just there for companionship! Not too bad for a never been shown 2x broodmare
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Edgewood Skip To My Lou[/SIZE]

1994 AMHA/AMHR silver dapple pinto with sabino brood mare – halter championships – push button driving horse

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Lou%202002%20headshot.jpg

LOU--07312006--%20115.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope[/SIZE]

2002 AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple with Sabino mare – Halter Grand Champion – Daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20057.jpg

2007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20036%20Hope%20Halter.jpg
Wow Jill, that mare of yours, 'Skip to My Lou' is so pretty!
default_new_shocked.gif
She has such an expressive sweet face. I've probably seen photos of her before, but this time, she made me take a 2nd...no 3rd, no hang on....4th look! She should have lovely babies.

Thanks everyone, your horses are stunning!!!! I love silver dapples!!!

Do you prefer the closed ring halters or the open ring ones????

keep the pics coming there great!!!

heres my silver's i prefer open rings on him i tried closed rings and they looked really bulky on his face...

my stallion...

MaxHeadshotedit.jpg

this my silver dapple mare dont have a close up sorry...

china017.jpg

and my silver bay...

moonwalkerheadshor.jpg

Congratulations on all who posted pictures of their Silvers!!! Outstanding specimens. And a big "THANK YOU" for not balding most of them. They are beautiful in their silver and natural black noses. Beautiful, beautiful horses.

Oh no! I don't think his head is plain at all
default_wub.png
He is VERY pretty!!! I love his head! JMO but he really catches my eye!

mouse8-25-03a.jpg

Mouse as a five-month old colt in a sterling look w/one single blue stone in the center of the nose. A bit much for his coloration, I think, though not out of line entirely. Would look better on your starry dapple horse, IMO.

mboringh.jpg

Mouse in a borrowed halter. Very ornate nose, but the finish was muted. I like this ok, but it doesn't pop w/his color.

mousesh4.jpg

My gelding Mouse in a Shetland style show halter. We use this for jumping, but I think it looks rather nice on him, though not as nice as his Victor:

mweb06.jpg

Mouse has a very large, plain head, though he has a nice expression and his coloring is such that it needs just a little bit of sparkle. This halter is just like it was custom made for HIM. I think no other halter he's worn has suited him so well.

Every horse is different, though. Your little starry dapple mini would look great with some more sparkle (as in the silver instead of a muted pewter look like Mouse's halter) and perhaps a few accent stones of red or blue, but keep 'em small and tasteful, or even a bright blue or red band. Your horse's color is just WOW so needs a bit more in the way of a halter to draw the attention back to the head.

That's just how I feel about it.
default_smile.png

It's nice if you can go to a show and try halters on YOUR horse. We are lucky to have Showtime come to our local shows to let us try various sizes and styles. Jerry's great at picking what goes with which horse, too. I wish we could clone him for the rest of you b/c you should see some of the new closed-ring halters he had at Worlds that had a pewter finish!!! Yowza!

Other than that, Victor is my style of choice for almost any horse.

Liz

Gorgeous Silvers all!

Heres my 2006 colt foal Smokey (i sold him after i did these shows), his mum is Rayne thats overdue to foal, has a thread on here
default_wink.png

I dont like this halter on him, but his was nicked (nice black & gold halter) from my bag that morning.
default_no.gif

IMG_0508.jpg

new_100_0538.jpg

His "uncle", Silver (yes thats his name, lol).

new_100_0374.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

I dont have any of those nice halters with the changeable nosebands im afraid, sadly.

I do prefer closed ring halters. Most of mine are Victors with closed rings, but the halter pictured on my mare, Hope, is a Designer Shepherd w/ open turns. I have a couple just like it and like the way the noseband is flared. I like the closed rings best mostly for safety. Other things about sides, some of my horses look better with side ferrules, and some look better with conchos.

I do prefer closed ring halters. Most of mine are Victors with closed rings, but the halter pictured on my mare, Hope, is a Designer Shepherd w/ open turns. I have a couple just like it and like the way the noseband is flared. I like the closed rings best mostly for safety. Other things about sides, some of my horses look better with side ferrules, and some look better with conchos.
Hmm i have been wondering on whether to go for the side ferrules or a plain side with a concho. Which do you think would suit my mini best???

I cant believe what a hard decision it has been choosing one!!! Thanks for those that have posted, stunning animals!!!!!

Latest posts

Back