Leaking Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmhstacy

Reaction score
I have to the oportunity to get a very very good stallion providing I do the vet work needed with him.

But I asked my vet about it and she does not know what it could be.

He is 20yrs old (still breeding & fertile) but when he walks he leaks (dribbles urine)

I know you are not vets but has anyone got any suggestions to what could be causing this?

He does not show any signs of discomfort or pain.

You would need a full Vet check by a reproductive Vet. There is no reason why this is an age issue- I have had quite a few very old horses and never had this problem. If he were, for instance, leak whilst he was covering , you would not get any foals. Technically this can not happen, but, if something had gone wrong inside........

The only horse I've ever seen do this is a gelding (full size) who ended up having a huge bladder stone that had to be removed. It was unbelieveable ... very big (the chunk I saw was larger than an orange and they told me that was just the largest bit after they broke it up, it was more than twice that size), and very hard.

Latest posts

Back