Latest Update on Duckies training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I figured I would post Duckies progress. She is doing great and Dorothy is really enjoying working with her. I met Dorothy yesterday and what a wonderful person she is but that is a long story which I typed up. then for some reason when I tried to save it I was sent back to signing in and it was lost so tonight I will type it up again and re-post it.

Duckie loves the alfalfa pellets and wolfed down the apple treats I offered her. She doesn't love standing in her stall waiting for others to be worked before her. Hmm! I guess we'll be doing a little more of that....if the door can take the beating. She was a star again today. I put the open bridle on her today to see how she would react to the poles if she could see them following her. Again, no problem. Mostly we did walk and whoa and stand with her out in front of me on the lead line. Tomorrow we'll start to add the reins and some pressure on the bit. She did trot once which caused all the poles to rattle and bounce. Sometimes that is a scarey thing, but not for Duckie, because she is a princess!! No trailer today; I'm moving that to a once a week thing to keep her fresh. If you were in the breeding business, I know where you could sell three more of these...Dorothy

Latest posts

Back