Last Foal..filly...appy beauty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
This has been a busy month, though not productive. Had 1st filly on the 4th. The second filly born on the 9th and died two days later and then dam due to complications. Worse case delivery.

Eye surgery and then severe reation to anti-biotic. Told not to lift or bend over. Ever delivered a foal without bending over...me neither. Ha!

Last foal filly born 21st.

Introducing Raisa, at birth and one day old. She is a very dark bay with jet black points. At first, when wet, I thought she was a black but it was a vision thing. Ha! She has the most delicate head and pointy small ears.

RAISA C1a.JPG

raisa 9.JPG

raisa 1 day old.JPG

Pretty filly! Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif

She is darling, congratulations!

She is exquisite! Beautiful filly! Congratulations! And I'm sorry for the loss of your foal and mare. How heart-breaking.

Oh my gosh! I saw your first beautiful filly but didn't realize you had lost a mare and foal later... I am so sorry! Then to be re-cooping yourself and have complications. Your latest filly is gorgeous. I hope this is your happy ending as she sure looks to be one. Congrats!

I'm so sorry you lost a filly and yur mare
default_sad.png

Do you have pics of the first filly you got? This filly is really nice! Congrats!!!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

So much sadness when breeding, as experienced by many on this site. The joy comes when the healthy foals join their mothers, new life replacing the sadness.

For Reo I have included a pic of the first foal. I posted but then had surgery and one thing and another, didn't get back to talk about her. Mattie is a bay snowcap.

I am very proud of my two girls for this year. Still doubting about breeding anyone for next year. If I do, it would only be two but just not sure yet. We all may need a break after this year.

Mattea 4.JPG

Mattea 2.JPG

Congratulations on your beautiful baby
default_yes.gif

So sorry to hear about you loss, it's so sad at times . I lost our first foal this season
default_sad.png

Expecting one more and I check on mama constantly....

Again, your filly is so pretty!

So sad about the loss of your other filly and mare.... the pitfalls of foaling and it sucks.

However, your babies, as usual, are just awesome- and your little stallion still holds his record for 100% colored fillies! Amazing. I do hope you breed again this year- your babies are always so nice- and those first ones did well in the show ring.

How's your eye's and the allergic reaction coming along by the way? Man, when it rains it pours and I hope you are feeling better now??

Wow what pretty fillies congrats :)My heart goes out to you over your lost of foal and mare
default_sad.png
Was it pretty appy to?

Bought your fillies are gorgeous! Congrats on your two beautiful girls!

But very sorry for your loss of mare and foal.

Again thank you so much to everyone for your kind words.

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to get some good outside pics. Both girls are so lovely in looks and personality. Mattie is very small and is a little tom boy already. Raisa is very much a dainty, high stepping little girly girl.

I've got to get my vision back in a hurry, for I am planning to show 3 of my yearlings at the local show in about 3 1/2 weeks. The only good thing I have found about blurred vision is everyone looks great and I can't see a bit of dirt in the house. Ha!

Oh Pat, I'm sorry about your lost mare and foal...so hard. Congratulations on Raisa and again on Mattie! I'm happy for you and Ki Ki both. ;-)

Latest posts

Back