Lap-Band

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsin Again

Reaction score
Well after everything I have been through I have been approved for Lap-band surgery. I am nervous and I am excited. I have been taking insulin for diabetes for a while now and they say this is a huge step in helping your sugar. Yes I am also overweight but just barely qualified for a 40 BMI. Has anyone else had the Lap-band and how has it changed your life ? Love to hear the pro's and con's and the things that you had to learn all over again, like what and what not to eat.

Here is a forum I have been on http://www.renewedreflections.com/forums/

Personally I am selecting the sleeve.

Find a bariatric practice that offers a lot of support, should have a presentation you can attend for information, then education, support, etc. With a band you will have to go in monthly for adjustments.

This forum has people in all phases of the process and all kinds of surgery. Very educational!

A friend of mine had lap band surgery almost two years ago now. She, like you is a diabetic. She has done really well and feels much better. I think her chief complaint is no soda and having to eat so slow and chew so much and take tiny tiny bites or it all just comes right back up. Best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Back