Landscape Help for driving area....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some advice on an area of my yard that I'm trying to make into a driving/work area for my mini's. The area is good sized, loom base w/grass. My problem....last year the horses (full size, ponies, & mini's) were wintered in this area and I was not able to drag the weighted chain link fence over it to smooth it out. Now I have divets (some large & rough) thru alot of the field.

How can I smooth this out the cheapest way possible? Would a lawn roller work, like a pull behind one or maybe a york rake first than the roller?

I really need some advice on this...I don't want my little ones to hurt their legs while working out in the field.

Thanks

One of the easyest and cheapest ways to smooth out an area is by dragging a length of chain link fence around. it should have a pole or pipe at each end to help keep its shape,and you can add weight to it by throwing cinder blocks on top of the fence mat. it can be pulled by a lawn tractor, a 4 wheeler, or even your horses. the deepest holes may need to be filled first. good luck, DR.

Thanks! Since I have the chain link - I guess I'll try that first. I was just concerning about the dirt being hard & the grass (weeds) on top of it. But since September is almost here, it doesn't matter if the field doesn't look pretty :bgrin

Latest posts

Back