Kuranda Dog Beds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
There was a discussion here early this Spring about these indoor/outdoor beds. I was waiting to order one, then forgot all about it until now. I have been looking and thought I'd prefer the cordura top better than vinyl, but wondering how it would stand up to sitting outside in the sun?? I see in the ad I was looking at, they recommend the cordura for indoor use. I am thinking the dogs may not care for the vinyl due to the feel as well as it may get hot sitting in the sun?? Just wondering what your thoughts and experiences are with this?? Thanks.

I don't know if this is helpful to you but I have an Orvis outdoor bed. It's survived 4 Vermont winters so far plus the dogs love it. It's a canvas type fabric that repels water and stands up to some terrible weather. I just leave it on our porch year round.

I have a Kuranda for my 100 lbs. Doberman. The boarding facility where he stayed when I as out of town had them and they hold up to just about anything. I cannot tell you how it holds up to the sun but he LOVES his bed. We bought him one because he destroyed his other bedding all of the time........it was a real PITA. This thing still looks brand new.

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mona I ordered one and never got back to repost about it...I'm sorry I got side tracked. Its a nice bed. I ordered the biggest, sturdiest one they have (Lakota is 139 lbs.) with the supposedly no slip cordura (?) plus I ordered a cover to go with it. Love the cover. We've put it outside and inside. She layed in it a total of 3 times?!! She prefers her big doggie beds that are thick, cushy and lay on the floor. So what did I do with this $200.00 Kuranda bed? It is now sitting in one of my bedrooms standing up against the wall, unused and pretty much brand new. If Lakota would use it more often we would keep it out during the warmer months and bring it inside and cover it during the winter. But she just won't lay in it for long periods and so it doesn't get used much...at all. BTW...the cordura is not as non-slippable as they mention so I imagine the vinyl will be even more slippery? But here I am talking about a heavy dog...maybe its different with your little guys since they are so small and their weight doesn't weigh the material down as much as Lakota does when she walks onto it.

Thanks for the replies. I wish I were looking for one so large Cheyenne...I would offer to buy yours, but I need only the large size for Abby to use in the Spring when it starts to warm up, and she wants to be outside more, but the sunshine does not shine on the deck, so she needs something to get her off the wet Spring ground to be able to lay out in the sun. Hopefully she'll use it!!

I am guessing mine may end up like yours Cheyenne, because they are so used to laying on mattress type dog beds on the floor. They probably won;t know what to think of these ones! LOL!

I have recently been wondering the same things about these kinds of dog beds, Mona! My new dog, Dayna, has now 'disemboweled' three soft dog beds. Previous owner told me she 'ate' her beds, so they had only carpet remnants/crate pads piled for her to sleep on. She really LIKES soft beds and was fine on the several I had around for quite a while, then one night she bit/pawed one open and I got up to find the fiberfill spread all around...and she has done it twice since, always when I am asleep...she even ruined a large round cushy, expensive, Kirkland(Costso) bed that came to my daughter w/ her rescue pug, and which ALL the dogs loved, so I guess I'll be needing to replace it.

I found an old all-cotton 6' x 6' area rug, expensive brand ,that my mother, who was an interior decorator, once had....folded it into fourths, and she is sleeping on it at night, and on the dog beds during the day(while I am right there; I put them away at night).

My major concern was whether she would even USE one of those 'cot' type beds, and sounds like I was right to wonder...so maybe I'll just stick w/ the folded rug! NO worries about damp ground here, in DRY, DROUGHTSTRICKEN NM!! Will be interested in any others' experiences, too, though.

Margo

Margo, they make some that they call "chew-proof" too, so might be just what the doctor ordered for Dayna! If you do buy, you might want to consider the largest size, since Carol uses that size for her Dobie. Sher sent me a pic, and it did not look too big at all, so I bet would work great for your girl too! And like someone else mentioned, it wouldn;t hurt to try one of those "calming collars". I was reading their site, and they offwer a money back guarantee, so how can you go wrong!

Latest posts

Back