KS, MO, AR, IL people please check in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We must have had a bubble over our place as all day long the storms split and never touched us. I didn't even know Lawrence, KS- 35 miles away- had a tornado until I was tacking up one mare to ride mid-morning yesterday and the barn radio was all abuzz about the problems.

I took some photos of the stormy sky while feeding last night which are here. It's hard to appreciate how stunningly high the clouds were but I tried to capture it with my little camera: http://community.webshots.com/album/548502557WtJcsP My two little guys are in one shot and they were cool as cucumbers with all the wind etc we were getting.
default_smile.png

Other places in our county to the east of me sustained damage and Doc had a lot of calls yesterday for horses trying to colic. Not unusual when the weather changes so suddenly.

No damage here -- the storm system went by on both sides of my place about 10 miles away on each side on Saturday...Sunday night the storms were about 60 miles north of me. Needless to say - it's been a test on how well I function on sleep deprivation - sat up watching the path on TV half the night each night. On the plus side - we got some MUCH needed rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're ok here as well. We had a lot of wind (and are still having 35-40 mph winds all day today) but we missed the worst of it. There was half dollar sized hail that broke some windshields and did some damage about 10 min west of us. Tornados about 15 min south of us and very heavy winds/possible tornados about an hour north of us, but luckily we're alright. My14 yr old son is a weather freak so I had two days advance warning things were gonna get bad
default_rolleyes.gif
: He pulled up the latest radar images about every ten minutes all day long and had his scanner, portable weather radio and cb going all day
default_wink.png
: Now if I could just teach him to predict foaling that well :lol:

Hi,

We live in west central Illinois. (near St louis) There were tornados all around, but we had none here. Lots of high winds and plenty of rain, but all is well. My friends in DeSoto, MO had some barn damage when a tornado got close, but they and all their animals are fine--just a little wet.

Angie

I live in Quincy, Illinois, right on the Mississippi River. Luckily my horses were'nt bothered but Springfield Illinois was hit badly and Monroe City, MO was hit bad, doing major damage to a church and other structures. Hopefully no animals were hurt during the storm.

I am getting worried.......Lisa Foster has not checked in and no one has heard from her?

She apparently was very close to the path of one of the tornados -- from what we saw on the news.

MA

Keep Lisa Davis in your thoughts.......

Got email and pictures and she had tornado damage to one of her barns, but ALL are safe, all horses too.....

We are ok here. We are in the exteme SW part of MO and there were tornados to the north and some to the east of us that I know of. We fortunately have missed the storms over the last few years closest one was 5 miles away ...that was to close!

Thanks for posting that Erica, I emailed Haley but had not heard back from her yet (it hasn't been long though) and was just about to ask here incase I didn't here back from her as I figured someone here had to know. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts for sure.

Latest posts

Back