kicking myself for not bidding!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini-Max (Christine)

Reaction score
no.gif
Today I am kicking myself for not bidding on mare I met yesterday at a mini-horse auction. It was a wonderful auction at the Shelby County Fairgrounds and I met a very nice lady from Mississippi. She spent time with me talking about her mare before her number came up. They bidding went to fast past my budget, but I still could have scrounged the extra. I have an awful feeling today. The lady was very upset afterwards about selling her mare.

I just wanted to share and see if anyone else every felt like they missed one that would have been a great fit. Maybe I am just dwelling on it.

Christine

It's tough when we feel we missed the boat-so to speak. I hope the little mare got a good home. If it were me and I felt she went to a good home, I would just make myself think that God has a plan and she wasn't in mine.

I just started thinking about her today. I am sure she got a good home. It was also a good thing I did not get her since she would have been in temporary housing on the property until the barn gets done. I need to wait to bring my boys from FL to KY. They are coming in March when the weather is better and my Mother-in-law can bring them when she visits! It really gives us time to get the barn exactly the way I want it. I just had a feeling about the mare that is all. You know a lot of times you are warned to be careful at an auction, but something was different about that one.

Thanks.

Christine

I had a similar thing happen to me with the LB Auction Board. I saw a horse I liked, didn't get the questions answered that I wanted from the seller before the auction ended, so I didn't bid and now I have regrets about it - and that was over a year ago. I did attempt to track the horse down, but her papers have never been updated to show the new owners name. Someone on the forum thought they knew who had the horse and I attempted to e-mail them a couple of times to ask if they owned her now and never got a response.

FORGOT TO SAY.....I know what you mean about having a feeling. I was the same way with that horse even though I didn't know much about her and the pictures posted on the auction were not that good. I just felt a connection and like we would be a good team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have bought the mare you are talking about, was she a deep red tovero pinto. If so, pm me, and we can talk about it. The one i bougth came from a lady in mississipi. She is a really docile mare, and bred for 6 to a son of painted feather, does that sound like her.

Yes there are some really nice ones that do go through the auctions, big small or in between size of auctions sometimes tis does happen..

Hey Christine I should have called to see if you were going to the auction. We were there all day. Lee helped a friend of ours critique a horse (toward the end of the sale) which she ended up buying.. Yes I know the feeling but there will be another chance in your future I'm sure & perhaps the timing will be just right....... Sorry you could not get your horses home this month.

Latest posts

Back