Keeping white clean overnight??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minishowgirl

Reaction score
I have to bathe the night before a show because we dont have warm water and its to cold in the morning. How do I keep the white on my paints legs clean?? I have a mane stay and a sheet to keep her body clean but nothing for her legs. I was thinking polos but the heat might swel up her legs and cause problems. Ive tried baby powder but it just made a big mess on her. So what can I use on her??

Clean the stall as often as possible. I like cornstarch to keep socks white. You're 1000000% right with the polos. In the morning, if need be, blue spot remover or wash only her legs.

If needed we just washed them with a warm wash cloth or baby wipes depending on the size of the soiling.

I also found cornstarch to work better than baby powder.

Im sure some of the more experienced showers will chime in as my experience is limited with whites.

We had 3 showing with white legs this summer and also bath the night before a show...best thing l've come up with is to use a lot of Show Sheen on the white stall em in deep shavings and if any dirty spots are on them in the morning before we leave baby wipes work real well to remove them..

Last edited by a moderator:
Show sheen and deep bedding.

Cowboy Magic's green spot remover works pretty good after the fact.

Thanks everyone. She tends to be a little piggy the night before a show.
default_smile.png

I'm not a seasoned show person, nor seasoned horse owner for that matter! But what I did this year was this: clean and prep stall with a deep layer of straw. That helps to a point. Then I was introduced to Shapley's "Easy-Out" No Rinse Shampoo...purple liquid in the same size bottle of ShowSheen and the like. Third, I used spray on paint made for livestock, sparingly to cover up the worst of the stains. I have been told powders, like cornstarch or baby powder are also good cover ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornstarch and baby powder are cheap and easy if you have socks but Looong stockings get to be a problem ( I have one that goes nearly to her butt). Fortunately my piggy is the one that only has socks so I do wrap him overnight when he had the early morning stallion classes. It never bother him. Use the polo wraps (the ones made from fleece - and yes they collect all the shavings and are a pain to clean too) but they stretch and give with the horse so usually cause no problem.

Back