Kathryn! (Anoki)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally was at a show about 10 years ago when a large group from PETA intermixed with spectators at an outdoor obedience trial and a a specified time each person in the group, and there were more than 20, headed to a crate opened it and they all started trying to head the dogs toward a large road with very heavy Sat morning traffic that bordered the show. Fortunately they chose and OBEDIENCE trial and the majority pf the dogs returned to owners on recall or dropped in place leaving only a few younger dogs to be re-rounded up. In the chaos of dog safty first by the time police got there they were unable to identify a single person directly involved in opening a crate! No one was arrested but fortunately none of the dogs were injured either. It was done under the better dead than crated theory! I'm sorry they have some good points on animal cruelty in some situations but they are indiscriminate in their cause!
:no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been following my 3-mail closely the past several days as my mom is has been in critical

condition in ICU since Saturday morning. I have now read that post, and even if this wasn't true,

it is still a very good reminder to all of us to be careful! I HAVE been on the showgrounds when

PETA people are about and it is a very scarey thing!

I also have a friend who several years ago had just come out of the group ring and was standing

watching the next group, her dog right next to/slightly behind her, and she felt something strange

going on with the leash and turned to find somebody had tried to get the chain lead off over the

head, but then just reached down and unsnapped the lead! She saw them unsnap it and then yell

at her dog to try to spook it out the door! Luckily her dog was stable and stayed by her side, and the

person was the one who bolted out the door when she turned around! Scarey stuff!!!

Shelley

Latest posts

Back