Just wondering?,.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
Any one else gonna be up ALL NIGHT ,....STARING??????????
default_wink.png
:

Well thought I was gonna get an early night as my mare finally foaled at 8.30 tues evening. But the filly is toooooo busy :lol: to stop for food......she thinks she`s in training for the Irish Derby!!!! I have never seen a newborn foal with so much energy!! She hasnt slept once since she was born and will drink the milk from the syringe but is getting too impatient to keep searching for the teat. So still up with them at 2am and heard a funny noise from the stables on the other side of the barn.....Raven had a tiny colt!! and to top it all off......my grulla maiden has gone thru some major changes since yesterday evening so she may go soon too!!! phew! Hows it going with you FFFoxy??? Fancy a coffee??? lol

Sure thing Slaneyrose! We are both probably gonna go through a LOT of coffee,.....either that or NERVE pills!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

At least I know that if I start to fall asleep to bad,..that you might be on here,....and I can post to you to keep me awake,.....
default_yes.gif
:

I didnt sleep well last night either,....Kept waking up ,dreaming and stuff,....LOL

Well,..must go to the barn again soon,......talk to ya shortly!

by the way ,..Congrats on your OTHER new arrival! :aktion033: ,....Wonder if both our mares will go at the SAME time,..That would be neat!

:bgrin

It is currently 7:30 pm here,..sooo my night is just STARTING!,..GOTTA keep awake,...Im tired already,..LOL
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I will be up all night too.

I've been up all night for pretty much the past 2 weeks straight!!!

But the past few nights, I have my alarm set for every 30 minutes.

Ruby is at 323 days today. She didn't give me any signs last time, so I'm not expecting any this time either.
default_wacko.png
:

Hi!

I have 2 that are due around the 11th - 14th of April.... One's a maiden mare.... So who knows!? Both are very WIDE! So I have been watching both VERY closely every night.. I have thier routines about down pat by now! lol! So when I notice them not thier normal self..... I watch "really" closely.... But I know with these guys..... you never know!! lol! Best of luck with everyone else foaling also!!!
default_wink.png
:

Well I am on mare stare too!!!! Watching 2.........Have two on the ground already and after having my maidens checked today looks like I may be on mare stare for the next 5 months!LOL
default_wacko.png
:

I have two mares at 316 and 306 days today. Neither look imminent, but I have moved both into the mare barn and under camera. So no rest for the weary!
default_smile.png

I am watching my Arab mare who is at 345 days and one of the minis who is anywhere from 303 days to 329 with her breeding dates. She looks to be closer to the 329 days as she is HUGE and bagging up, swishing her tail, biting her sides, etc.

This is the same Arab mare that has gone 360 days previously. She looks like she is going to foal on her due date and tends to keep me guessing for a couple weeks and awake all night of course.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I think she is just as ready as I am.
default_yes.gif
: Bring on the coffee!

Count me in. We were up most of the night last night waiting on 2 to go. Of course, they waited until MORNING and then only 1 delivered. The other has been "off" for the past 3 days and I really think the herd instinct is going to set her off tonight. She has all ready been down with us in the room with her (not usual for her). Then just 4 more.
default_wacko.png
:

Me too....!!!!

I'm staying at a friends house while she's outta town. She's got a little brown pinto mare due anytime (I think it might even be tonight), a buckskin appy due next month, and a solid buckskin due between April and June.

I don't like coffee, but pop will keep me awake for quite awhile.

Erin :saludando:

:517: My mini is getting ready 2 foal. Al though I really don't know when she's due... I had to keep her with my stallion when my mom's mare had her baby. Well as for signs she on her way to being a first time mom!!!!! :aktion033: I really hope it's a girl!!
default_pray.gif
:

We're watching a mare that's really close. She has waxed, she is walking around with flicking her tail and lifting it up, her bag is big, hard and ready and she is soft in the tail/butt. She stands like she is very uncomfortable-- one back leg in back of the other.

She's somewhere around 334 right now.

Last time she foaled at day 306. So we've been watching her for almost 2 months now!
default_wacko.png
:

Her belly isn't huge, but she was bred to a 28.5" stallion this time and we're thinking the baby is small. Last time her baby was 18" and both dam and sire are 34".

We have her on a web cam and people are e-mailing me and saying, "any time now."

Meanwhile I'm watching her like a hawk, drinking coffee and eating candy bars. LOL

I've got two girls due April 11th (or therebouts - that's IF they took on their last breeding date). One looks like she could drop it any second (sunken flanks and smooshy butt, small bag but teats are pointing down and she's been laying down a lot more the last day or so), the other mare is large, but her bag is still somewhat flabby so until I get my other camera up in the barn, we're checking her several times a day and watching the other mare at night. Neither are maidens (thank GOD) but the one that looks closer to foaling has only had one foal, the other mare has had 2 previous foals.

Isn't this FUN!?!?!??

Latest posts

Back