Just some of my own thoughts and feelings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deleted my comment - I didn't realize this topic was started months ago - Goes to show who pays attention to dates hey!!

Last edited by a moderator:
" - think about what happens to those horses when/if they leave you or if you die.

JUST because we don't agree does NOT mean that we are "flaming" each other... we're just stating our own opinions."

I know that when my husband and I are gone my 9 minis "have a good home to go to"! I will "rest" assured that they will not go to auction, they will be loved and cared for as I have done for them. How many of the BIG BREEDER (100+ horses) minis will have the same good fortune??? I am sure not many. And then there are more added to the problem :no: . I am not pointing fingers at anyone. After all, it is "Their" living room window that they are looking out of. But I do take responsibility for my horses and whatever else may show up on my porch needing love, food and a warm place to lay its head. I thank God everyday that I am a Human and not an Animal. Who knows maybe one day we will be disposable too. Not perfect so no one wants us:( All I know, is that at the end of the day "I" am the one looking out my living room window admiring what is in MY pasture, no one else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carol,

I was surprised to see this old thread of mine up again :)

I imagine the site Tanya (SWA) gave you will help you out.

But as for our experiences, we live near a small town and so people found out about our little farm years ago when we were first starting out. Over the years the nursing home has asked us to come bring horses from time to time and so we did it :) We go a few times a year.

We also have had the senior center ask to bring their adult daycare out to our place and we always are happy to let them come. We set up chairs and they sit down and watch the horses and some of the babies and mares come up to vist them :)

With us it has almost always been different groups coming to us...... and we never turn them down.

But I imagine it could work the same way........ if you offered to come I bet they would be thrilled!

We have also had kindergarteners and special ed kids and scout groups. Just today a boyscout leader called me and asked to being 15 scouts out soon while they are stuyding farm living, to see just what it takes to take care of my horses on a day to day basis :)

By the way welcome to the wonderful world of minis. There is nothing else quite like them :)

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back