Just had another baby here at Ericas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
What a Delivery ! Erica said mom was dripping milk and would be soon, and she was right. I was downstairs on the treadmill and didnt even know she had left to go to the barn. Came upstairs, and didnt see Erica, so looked at the computer and saw her in the stall. The mare decided to have her baby standing up
default_new_shocked.gif
. I have never seen that before and for a little while thought she might be having some problems. Erica said one foot, or leg was turned back and when she went in to get a hold of it the baby was biting at her hand ! A little spit fire already. This is our first Pharoh baby, who was a National Grand Champion. Been on pins and needles waiting on it. And its a Colt. Solid black with a white star and i think 2 or 3 white socks. He got up right away and wanted the milk bar. Looks really cute. I am sure Erica will fill in the blanks........... Just thought I would let some of you know . Glad all went well. Some one taped the birth on marestare so it can be watched, it was pretty neat. Also had a name suggestion of Standing room only , or Standing ovation....... I like those suggestions alot and think or hope we go for one of them.
default_biggrin.png

Linda Killion

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS... [/SIZE]Sounds like a cutie.. cannot wait for a few pictures...

I got to see it myself. I had never seen one born standing up either. Beautiful boy. Congrats!

Marsha

I was watching her yesterday when she wenti into labour. I had your cam up'd to high for you. Congrats!

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!!!!

Congrats, wow what an ornery baby, LOL Can't wait for photos!

I watched this delivery on Marestare, it was an amazing one to say the least! Erica did an awesome job getting that baby out! Kudos to u Erica on a job well done! He is a beautiful colt! Sure he will Knock em of there feet in the show ring! You do such an amazing job with your horses! Good Luck with the rest of your foaling season, and will be watching again for you on marestare! No foaling here for me this year so have to get me foaling fix on there! LOL But I will be a having some Pocket babies next year! Cant wait!

Latest posts

Back