Just curious how did everone...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxi

Reaction score
I was just thought it would be fun to hear how everyone picked the name that is by your Avatar. I picked Taxi because he is the horse I ride and I just love him a lot! ~Chelsey~

Well as everyone probably knows by now I live in Maine in the woods therefore backwoods and I have 6 grandchildren so I am nanny even though I wanted to be grammy. Hence backwoodsnanny.

RAP are my initials and Frosty was my first pony
wub.gif
(it's also my email address which hasn't changed since I was 9) !

laugh.gif

Rolling Ridge Rum Runner aka Fred is my stallion. He is the first show mini I have

owned. His original barn name was Bandit but that got changed when he went out

for training. Bill couldn't remember his name so he called him Fred and it stuck. It

seems the better the horse the smaller the name [to me anyway]. Besides hes a

lot like Fred Flintstone. He likes to show off and always is able to get out the

messes he puts himself in. Linda B
wub.gif

I have a mare named Taxi
smile.gif

REO is just my initials. No biggie
laugh.gif

Mine is just my farm prefix, SWA.
wink.gif

Jill is what everyone calls me. It is actually my middle name, but I have not ever been called by my first name.

And my avatar has pictures of all my minis and my small pony. Each are pictured one time. Not pictured are my two biggies.

Keeperofthehorses has been my email address for, gosh, years and years now. In the ancient middle-east the rulers would have a stable manager, The Keeper of the Horses. This person was very important to the family and was treated with great respect--it was a position of honor. (I can dream, right?) I thought it had a neat, tribal sound to it. There is supposedly a hieroglyph of the term. I looked for it for a while, but was never able to find it. I wanted to have it tattoo'd on me somewhere (believe it or not, I actually have a couple of tribal tats). I know, I know, I'm getting a little bit old for more ink.

In my case, 'horses' refers to big horses, as I have no minis. I should probably look for the heiroglyph of "Keeper of the Evil Shetlands". LOL It would probably be a Thelwell drawing.

I picked Crone because I am Crone for my group [both the oldest and have been on the path the longest.] Wolf because that is my personal totem.

Sobaka is Russian for Dog, my First Male Dobe who was a champion that was his name, sadly he died at the young age of 5 from heart failure, but he was my 110 big baby boy
wub.gif

I am Scoopiedoo because our first mini foal ever born here was named Scooter, and I always called her Scoopiedoo. I found LB when we lost her because we had a very callous big horse vet that misdiagnosed her and by the time we found our WONDERFUL vet, she was too weak and died during the surgery. I will never forget her and will forever feel that it was because of her that we found LB and our vet that we have that is incredibly awesome beyond words.

CKC- It's our farm name. My husband's first initial C- My first initial -K and our last name's first initial- C.

I am from Ireland, the native language is gaelic. Mine is gaelic for little horse.

I call my "farm" An Capall Beag Farm, the little horse farm( gaelic for farm is actually feirme), both for the obvious mini horses but also because it is a very little farm
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back