Jumps and Obstacles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Indian Acres

Reaction score
Would love to see photos of interesting or challenging jumps and obstacles that people have set up for their minis, or have encountered at shows and have photos of. We are trying to set up as many different things as we can think of (and have space for) in the arena for our geldings.

Thanks

Carrie

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have any pictures but you can try:

-putting a tarp over the vertical on a jump

-flower boxes ( i made thes really easily, fake flowers and bought unfinished mini flower boxes and painted them with neon colors)

-bright orange cones definatly get your horse to think " what is THAT!?!?"

- windmills

This was the most interesting one we ever encountered - chickens in a cage. This mare at her second horse show won the class over some really experienced halter obstacle horses!

1605.jpg

The pattern also had a walk-under with dangling streamers. This was at last fall's Linda Best Benefit Horse Show.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the most interesting one we ever encountered - chickens in a cage. This mare at her second horse show won the class over some really experienced halter obstacle horses!
1605.jpg

The pattern also had a walk-under with dangling streamers. This was at last fall's Linda Best Benefit Horse Show.
OOh, Chickens scare ME. lol What an interesting obstacle though!

I think that is a good example of you better be prepared for anything!!!! She had never seen chickens before but we did practice with a pigeon that got into our yard just the week before. Another lesson- use anything you can for practice!!!

Latest posts

Back