Jazz at the nursing home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
I took Jazz to the local nursing home on Friday, he was so well behaved and he was in some pretty tight corners because he visited the seniors in their rooms. Here he is in the elevator with me.

DSC04249.jpg

Here he is with one of the seniors, her smile says it all:

DSC04259.jpg

DSC04250.jpg

DSC04258.jpg

Yvonne

He's such a great looking horse, and looks like he's got a good heart to boot
default_wub.png
He seems to sense that he has to be gentle with them and yes he has a good heart
default_wub.png
No problem with the elevator and the one going down from the third floor made a noise that scared me LOL

Yvonne

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Its so nice to give to your community this way.

Great that you are able to have pics taken.. we need signed releases for hospital/nursing home photos here.

Wonderful.
default_wub.png
I sold a mare a few months ago who is now a therapy horse and will be visiting nursing homes. I couldn't ask for a better place for her to be, the smiles they can bring to people's faces is just such a reward.

So awesome that you can do this for people, it takes a special horse to do things like that.

Love it.
default_wub.png
Thanks for sharing. I love seeing miniatures used this way. We've had 4 miniatures through the years that have done nursing home work. It is so rewarding.

My husband and I get so much out of seeing the smiles on the seniors faces I feel like we have to pay them for the joy we feel.

Yvonne

How do you potty train her? Does she need to complete a training program or certification to do this? Wonderful stuff you're doing!
default_saludando.gif

How do you potty train her? Does she need to complete a training program or certification to do this? Wonderful stuff you're doing!
default_saludando.gif
LOL I don't know of anyway to potty train a horse, we just try to not let the visit go on so long that he has to "poop", I know he would never pee because he doesn't like to splash his legs LOL. So he only goes in his stall or when he is out on grass never in the dirt lot.

That is my kinda horse!!!!! Hats off to those who help others!!!! You and your horse are truly ambasadors of the Miniature Horse breed!!!
default_aktion033.gif

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

I think by the responses it's obvious there's a whole new group using minis for therapy. It is really exciting to see.

Thanks!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back