It's here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Well, just before 0100 HE was born. Sorry for the wake up call Kay! At first there was just one hoof coming out, but I got the other right before Kay answered. He is a bay with three white hooves and a big blaze. Even though I was rooting for a girl we have a healthy boy and I am thankful for that. Look at those legs!

Introducing, our first Crunch baby, High!

HPIM0230.jpg

HPIM0233.jpg

HPIM0225.jpg

HPIM0221.jpg

And, is this a complete after birth??

HPIM0218.jpg

Thank you

Fran

Fran congratulations!!

As to the afterbirth- you really need to spread it out more to be able to tell from a picture.

If it was delivered normally- ie easily- I would usually assume it was complete.

If you are in any doubt at all, get her checked out and maybe some a/bs just to be safe.

Congratulations on a pretty boy! I love bays w/ white!

For the afterbirth, what we've done when we had foals (only 2x so far) was spread it out and look ourselves but the put it in a bucket so that the vet also can look when he comes out to check the baby's blood.

When photobucket gets their maintenance done I will add a pic of Crunch. Maybe Kay will come on sooner and maybe she can add him. Honey Ron is tickled with him. He went out to see him again before he left for work and High came right to him. He has been running circles around his momma. He is so gorgeous! My camera and the person using it (me) does not do him justice so I will get the woman down the way to take a few of him.

Fran

Oops, forgot to add he (the colt) has Bukeroo (dam) and Michigan (sire) in his little pedigree.

Here is Crunch. Not the best photo of him. You should see him move!

justcrunch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! He is nice, and I really like the mare!

[SIZE=14pt]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Fran! He looks like a darker version of Redi! Check and see if Crunch has Hart Breaker behind him????? That colt looks alot like Docs Hart Breaker stallion.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=10pt]CONGRATULATIONS FRAN!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

PRETTY baby and Momma is a gorgeous mare also!!!! :new_shocked:

You must be on cloud Nine!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Very sweet...and mama seems to be quite the looker herself! :flirt:

Congrats on a happy healthy baby! :aktion033:

What a beautiful [SIZE=14pt]BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] Of course his mom and dad are no slouches either
default_yes.gif
: So what would you expect :bgrin

As to the placenta, you see the 'exit hole' there, just fill the placenta with water and if it holds water it is all there.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Charlotte

Whoopeeee!!!!!!!! :aktion033: Congratulations from the whole family!!!!!!

He is just precious! You know now we will have to come see him!!!

~Carly~

:bgrin

P.S. Love the tail wrap!

what a beautiful baby, and our mare is stunning. nikki

Huge congratulations, Fran! I can't wait to see his sibling coming soon. Are you guys sure he's bay and not buckskin? Either way, he's gorgeous.

:aktion033: He's a cutie! Congratulations!! :aktion033:

Thank you everyone!

Well Tami, since he is nice and dried off he does look like buckskin. He really is a little guy with legs that don't quit. He met his aunty Kay just a while ago. I love him!

Fran

Congratulations! :aktion033: :aktion033: His mom is very pretty too!

FRAN, clean out your inbox, I couldn't send you a response and you need to get it! LOL

Hooray!!!! Congratulations on your new little one - he is gorgeous!!! :aktion033:

Liz R.

Congratulations on your very first foal. Real cute.

As to the afterbirth I do like some have suggested, put it in a pail of water and have the Vet check it out to be sure.

Joyce L

Latest posts

Back