It's been a long few weeks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigha

Reaction score
It's been mostly an depressing few weeks around here. I live in a great small town the type of tow that has maybe 180 people in the graduating classes and not one stop light. Anyways we had a 23 year old guy get killed in a car accident. He had a seizure and went off the road into a river. Then I had to take a maiden mare to the vet with a breached baby. She survived thank goodness but it's been a rough week with that. Then last week we had a group of young girls about 16 heading up to an LDS girls camp have a blow out and flipped the excursion. Two of the girls died on the scene, one had brane surgery but is alive in a comma. The driver has to be drugged because she can't handle the reality of it all, one girl came away with minor injuries. Then over the weekend a young dad only 23 killed himself. It has been a horrible few weeks to say the least.

But on a good note my family went to lego land on Saturday and my boys had a blast it was so wonderful to see their happy faces this weekend. I will have to upload some pictures soon.
default_smile.png

So sorry about you mare, glad she is ok. It seems like accidents are always around us. It is hard to handle I know. Hope your spirits are lifted and sounds wonderful your outing with the kids.

Take care and be very Thankful for the good things around you, like Lego Land, or that the young girl driver is getting help, your mare is home with you. Sunshine, critters, family.

I know it might seem lame, but really I love that I have had to be home this summer and experience this crappy world, but my farm is my haven.

Thank God!

Latest posts

Back