It's a colt...second Nixons Hill foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
Squaw Creek Outloud Faith 30 inches and Kegleys Tommiehawk 29.5 inches produced this little fellow, who arrived on March 16th, 9 p.m.

He is healthy and strong and knew what to do pretty quickly
default_aktion033.gif
He is just 15 inches of cuteness. His daddy is black and white homozygous for tobiano and dam is also black and white pinto so we will test for homozygous tobiano.

395781017.jpg

Delivery did not go as smoothly as we like but we were able to get him on the ground without vet intervention.........our lambing experience has been very helpful over the last 20 years of miniature horse ownership.

congrats. why did it not go smoothly love to hear your story and exprience for us newbies that might learn something from it if you don't mind telling? He is just way to cute. I love him!

OMG he really is a tiny one isn't he..congrats on him glad all worked out well
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
l can't even bring myself to read the other threads on losses this year l feel so sad for the owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

My husband noticed the mare on the camera and told me that she was foaling.

I zipped out and could tell she had been trying to position things and there was no baby in sight.

I did an internal and the foal was still way down and I wasn't sure if I had a head or the bum so I told Jimmy to call the vet. The mare, Faith, is experienced and she was getting up and going down, trying to get him "sorted out". She looked back at me and she knew we were trying to help.

In the meantime I had found feet and then I felt the mouth so put my hand around the head and turned the head and up he came.

When Jimmy came back from calling the vet, I had nose and two toes peeking out and we delivered him. Jimmy ran back and called the vet to cancel. Time from calling the vet to delivery........4 minutes.

OMG he is just sooooo tiny and what a cute little face - congrats on your little boy

Congrats - so glad he is safely here!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back