Quantcast

ISO boarding for mini in Bay Area, CA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

ryette

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 15-year-old gelding who has been part of a 4H farm for most of his life. However, I am going to need to move him sometime in the next 6 months or so, as I am moving cities.

I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area and am specifically looking to board my mini somewhere in the Walnut Creek/Martinez/Concord area. It's proving difficult to find a barn that would be affordable and also have appropriate stalls for a mini.

My ideal situation would be something small with relatively few boarders. At one point, I boarded him at a family friend's house who had a small barn on their land, and I'd love to find a similar setup-- but of course, that's hard to find unless you know someone.

I would appreciate any leads on finding a new home for my mini! Thank you.

MerMaeve

Reaction score
You find a surprising amount of barns on Facebook Marketplace who are looking for boarders.....

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Ryette ~ I know what you mean about Bay Area pricing! I was born in San Francisco and lived in the bay area for many years. Most feed Stores have bulletin boards and I have used them in the past. Might be able to post a message about what you are looking for and possibly find a match with a nearby family farm. Glad you have some time before you need to have him settled. Best luck!

Latest posts