Is there a replacement for sugar???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Decided to get rid of all my junk!!!!!!!! I know it is the healthier thing to do, but, man do I have a headache, and I never ever get them.

I think it is from withdraws, my body is screaming at me, WHERE IS THE SUGAR!!!!!

Is there something I could eat, drink, that would make this a little less? My energy level is at about zero too. Already tried some fruit, that didn't work.

Got any good ideas?

How about some honey? It is probably closest to sugar....

Good luck w/the life change, you WILL feel better for it!

Liz M.

WELL IF YOU WANT NATURAL STUFF.

FRUIT OF COURSE, BUT YOU HAVE TRIED THAT.

BUY PURE MAPLE SYRUP, AT LEAST IT IS NATURAL. MAKE SOME PEANUT BUTTER CANDY WITH IT. CONSISTS OF PEANUT BUTTER, MAPLE SYRUP AND POWDERED MILK UNTIL THE CONSISTANCY YOU ARE ABLE TO ROLL IT AND CUT IT INTO SMALL PIECES. JUST CANNOT ROLL IT INTO POWDERED SUGAR. DARN IT.

BUY SOME OF THE FRUIT SPREADS INSTEAD OF JELLY AND TRY IT ON A PIECE OF BREAD.

DRINK AN DIET RC IT IS MADE WITH SPLENDA.

THERE IS A NATURAL SWEETNER CALLED AGAVE THAT YOU CAN USE.

biggrin.gif
TELL ME ABOUT THE LOW ENERGY AND THE SHAKES WHEN COMING OFF OF SUGAR. I KEEP TRYING AND I DO OK FOR A LITTLE WHILE THEN I BLOW IT.

[SIZE=14pt]Dried fruit like raisins or pineapple has a higher sugar content from being dried....still natural but more concentrated. I had a sugar low before lunch today, shaking bs measured 67.... I ate a handful of raisins and it did help.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Have you tried replacing your sugar with Splenda? it is no calorie and low carb and actually really good.

The only bad thing ive heard about it, is that since it is made from sugar, they use alot of chemicals to convert it.

Eat cinnamon. It will help sugar stabilize to some degree. So, maybe some cinnamon toast.

Walnuts help with cravings.

Drink milk....eat cheese, etc. The protein helps.

It does take a while but, your body will adjust.

laugh.gif
Guess this means you don't want the new chocolate cake recipe I just got, right?
new_shocked.gif

great suggestions so far --

I use SPLENDA as a SUGAR substitute for pretty much everything.

Sugar free candies (I prefer those made with Splenda) work very well for me.

You can even make HOT CHOCOLATE with plain coco and splenda etc..

If you buy fruit drinks (EVEN just orange juice in the carton) -- read the label on the back - many "100% fruit" things also have sugar added (not sure how they can be 100% fruit then).

Try the things in the diabetic section of your grocery store.

Good luck!

JJ

It's really funny you should post this. I'm doing the same thing! This is week #2 for me. No sugar, chips, bread, potatos, pasta, rice and coffee. It is really hard but I've found that diet coke seems to do the trick for me. It takes my headaches away pretty quick. But I do feel very tired and seem to have no energy. My mom and dad are doing the same thing and I just called her today to see if she feel the same way. And yes we all feel like poo! But I'm hoping week #3 I'll start to feel abit differant and become used to the change.

I did cheat and I bought Russel Stoffers no sugar low carb chocolate 2 days ago, and it's helping my sweet tooth.

Good Luck!

Leya

If you're trying to get off sugar don't just add another form of it, it will rebound on you like crazy an continue to make you feel bad. Bess is right on target, up your protein and then look online for a list of low glycemic index foods to eat. Eating as low as possible on the scale will keep your blood sugar level consistent so you won't crave the sugar.

Like coffee withdrawl you not feel very good until you get it out of your system for awhile, sorry
sad.gif

Nestlé makes some really good sugar-free products such as Sugar Free Baby Ruth, Sugar Free Nestlé Crunch, and Sugar Free Nips!
biggrin.gif

I have been off "processed" food all week - trying the 6week body makeover. So that cuts out all sodium (expect of course naturally occuring sodium), Sugar, and most caffine (you can have unsweetend tea or coffee - neither of which I drink) Feel great. First day I got really sick - but I think it was a bug ontop of the withdrawls, but if you can make it through the first few days without things you realize you don't "have to have them"

I have a meal plan I go by, but for sweets I find that FRESH pineapple that you cut up yourself is WONDERFUL, my favorite - when you go to pick one out go by smell not by looks. Great choice for your "natural" sweet tooth.

Latest posts

Back