IS SHE OR ISN'T SHE ? 340 days more pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyponies

Reaction score
hi i've been watcing some posts on here and thought i would add pics of our mare who we're not sure if she is or isn't infoal

she was bred twice last year on 22nd june and 26 th june 2011

she had a foal at foot at the time.this colt was weaned off her in late october last year.

this is her just over a month ago, this was when i had 1st noticed her bagging up
default_yes.gif
she has had 3 foals and miscarried another.

top pics from then, bottom pics from today

100_0027.JPG

100_0019.JPG

100_0027.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
hers some more of her this morning, her udder goes down in mornings and back up more in the evenings will try and get better ones later, its throwing it down with rain here
default_sad.png

007.JPG

008.JPG

012.JPG

hi thankyou for your kind welcome

castlerock, she is a part fallabella blend mare
default_yes.gif
she is looking alot tidier now shes lost alot of her winter coat and had a tidy up under belly and head
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
Hello and Welcome to the Nutty Nursery
default_saludando.gif
I like to abbreviate so unless you want me to call you Crazy you should tell us your name
default_new_rofl.gif

Your mare is adorable and I say YES she is pregnant judging by her udder. Did it go down completely this winter after you weaned her foal? The best pics to take are:

udder from behind

profile of her tummy

pic from behind to see how wide she is
default_thumbup.gif
oh and a head shot cos we don't want to hurt her feelings
default_whistling.gif

Welcome
default_saludando.gif

Renee

Hi and welcome to the best mare watching forum around!! Now first we need your name and second we also need the name of your very pretty girl. And yes, I would say that you will have a new foal in the next month.
default_yes.gif

So glad you joined us here, keep the pictures coming and please ask any questions you might have - oh, and dont forget to join in the other threads so you can get to know some of us nutty people and we can get to know you!!

hi everyone

right my name is courtney, we have 13 miniatures and poss two mares to due to foal, one is def as i had her scanned.

we live in south derbyshire, uk have children, german shepherd, cat, as well as running own our scaffold buisness

we love to show our horses we 1st got a miniature back in 2010 and started showing last year, i have always had big horses, rode since the age of 6
default_smile.png

we have so far have had really good results with the mini's in the show ring here in uk, we actually won the UK AMHA SPRING SUPREME OF SHOW a few weeks ago with our 3 yr old stallion, on his 1st ever time out.

Back to sparkle is she or isn't she infoal i just don't know with her, her temperment has really changed, her bag has stayed the same down in morning up at night but no change in it, not filling behind yet.

she would be due from 14 th may onwards from covering dates at 326 days, i did a milk test strip last night it has gone the brownish colour with the orange ting round the outside?

will get some pics of her again today
default_yes.gif

shes strange some days she looks big and lopesided, other days she doesn't look like she is, she is a full up marewith plenty of leg, this would be her 4 foal
default_smile.png

Oh great - another UK dweller!!
default_thumbup.gif

Hi again Courtney, I was wondering where you and your pretty mare had got to. Many congrats for your win at the AMHA Spring Show, brilliant!! Can we see a pic of the clever boy please.
default_yes.gif

From the last pictures that you posted of Sparkle, I'm sure that she's in foal. But, if you have read the other topics here, you will know that this year the mares have thown away the rule book completely, leaving their poor owners both very puzzled and totally exhausted! So I dont think that Sparkle is going to be any different - you wouldn't be so lucky. LOL!!

So count on her being in foal until you get to somewhere around August time and proof that she has gone over her possible dates somewhat!!

Hi Anna

great to hear from another british person, your not a million miles away either
default_smile.png
thanks for the advice, i have come to realise that these minis, don't have a rule book like the bigger equines i'm use too lol!!

sorry met to say she was covered by '' little kings power buck'' buckskin son of boones buckaroo

shes really driving me round the twist, with is she or isn't she lol! i wish now i had scanned her aswell, but i didn't think she had took as she was still showing a season, so decided to let her have this year off, so i could cover her with our AMHA for 2013 foal

i will get pics of her later, shes now in and on camera over night

heres a pic of ''ujenik extasys tomahawk'' after winning last month. he is a silver bay really, his coats just coming now, so he looks strawberrry roan at the minute, love him to bits
default_smile.png

003.JPG

another of tomahawk at home

the perlino pinto is sparkles son by power buck, from last year, i am hoping its a filly this time if she is
default_smile.png

she always throws coloured foals, all her previous have been dilute coloureds to the buckskins,

SDC12054.JPG

SDC12067.JPG

Hi Courtney
default_saludando.gif
, another Brit, a few more and we can take over
default_new_rofl.gif
Sparkles is just gorgeous, I hope you get your filly this year
default_thumbup.gif

hi eagle, andrea, i do really hope she is.

A filly (fingers crossed) would be lovely from her as we already have a full brother, but as long as its heathy thats all that matters
default_smile.png

as her milk strip showed some orange colouring would you all take this that she is?

Dont ask me about milk strips - I never use them (too old fashioned - they were never around when I was breeding the big horses so I never started them with the minis).

Just wanted to say that your stallion is just perfection - the Ujenik's lot bred some very nice horses didn't they! Will he be your stallion for the future? Where else are you showing him this year?

How's Sparkle doing - looking any closer (apart from the coloured milk of course!).

hi anna

thankyou we do love tomahawk! we have quiet a few ujenik bred horses here, he is to be our stud stallion yes
default_smile.png
we are planning on doing some HOYS qualifers and MHCGB /MHOYS with him later in the year, hes changing into his silver bay colouring now so looks very multi coloured. i do hope to tey and get him to the amha spring show aborad next year, with another of our stallions
default_smile.png

back to sparkle well i have had to horsey friends round today and both have said shes def must be hiding something in there, so thats everyone saying she must be so far, only time will tell
default_smile.png

shes not looking any diff then she ha sbeen i tink she has dropped slightly and has def got large over the last 4 weeks :)i'm excitied now i have 2 due
default_smile.png

Just been visiting your website Courtney, you have some very beautiful horses.
default_yes.gif

I recognise the English stud names of several of your mares - we have two Boltwoods, several Toyhorses and Jill Dukes (Dukes) is a very good friend as she lives in Wales near us. Also if you get to Weyhill in May, do please say Hi to Sharon and Derek for me please - they got us started in showing many moons ago and visit here for 'catch up' time and long chats over a meal. Great folks!

Due to family commitments we are not showing this year, but still holding hopes of being able to drag something out of the field to make it to MHOYS as it is such a fun weekend!
default_yes.gif

Good luck with your showing programme for the rest of the year!

thankyou ann, we are very proud of our horses indeed
default_smile.png

heres a pic taken this am before i took sparkle back with her friends for the day, shes def wider, no change in her bag yet, so think we have a while still
default_smile.png

100_0231.JPG

well sparkle is 326 days today, looking loads bigger, has filled a little more behind now, our other mare has also started to bag up abit now, i do h

ope they don't decide to go at the same time
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back