INTRODUCING... Whinny For Me Farm's First Foal!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
We have our first 2008 foal, and kind of feel it is our FIRST foal of our breeding. The closest we have before to a home bred foal was out of a mare I bought from a friend a few weeks after I let her breed that mare to the stallion we had back then. This time it was our horse x our horse, and our choice from the get go... and somethng I've been planning and dreaming about for years now
default_smile.png

Our baby arrived at 7pm on Sunday night. We saw the mare lay down and get up a couple times on the camera and H saw the water break. By the time we RAN back to the barn the foal was already out of her and H tore the sack.

Sooooooo... we are happy to announce Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky", a solid black colt! He stood just over 21" at birth and is very necky with a tiny pretty head, big eyes, loooong legs, and our hearts
love0034.gif
I am so pleased with Ducky and can't hardly keep my hands off him
default_biggrin.png

Ducky's been checked over by the vet and his IgG is good so we are just getting to know him and falling in love. He loves to be scratched all over but especially neck and butt scratches! He is so fun to watch on the monitor. He has been cantering around the stall and begs to differ with his name "Dun Buckin Around"! He just bucks in place and shakes his head totally and completely 17hh on the inside. I suspect he has no clue how sissified he actually looks in his blue flowered blanky since it's not dampened his a-t-t-i-t-u-d-e one bit.

Later, I will have better pictures of him. These are from just 12 hours old so not all the way unfolded and not at all filled out. But, i couldn't resist sharing the good news and the weather is calling for rainy days the next week or so and... well you know I'm no good at waiting or keeping quiet about something this good!

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

AMHA and AMHR Pending -- AMHR Futurity Nominated

Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20015.jpg

Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20077.jpg

Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20067.jpg

Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20105.jpg

Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20089.jpg
Ducky%2003-31-08%20--%20095.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]The proud parents of Ducky are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]
2005 31” AMHR / AMHA grey-grullo fancy moving stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter) – Multi Champion

Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DunIT%20Foals%20Page.jpg

--- and ---

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope[/SIZE]

2002 33.5” AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple with Sabino mare – Halter Grand Champion

Daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection (Rowdy lines)

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks for letting me share the happy news [/SIZE]
happy0064.gif
love0075.gif
happy0064.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Jill and H hes a handsome dude and I love his name. Dun It dun good.

Congratultions for this nice baby!!

So black... gorgious!!!

That will be a pretty one for the show's!!!

Take good care of this little diamond!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats -- He is gorgeous and sounds like he is full of energy
default_smile.png

He sure is one good looking little fellow! Congratulations, Jill. Watching them play on the monitor is one of my favorite things to do also. Especially the first one of the season, you can just take it all in.

Rita

Back