Introducing our own little adopted Grandma Pony!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun Runner Stables

Reaction score
So I had gone on a look for another small pony for a friend of mine- went to a local barn, and didn't find quite what I was looking for however, one pony found me-

She's 23 years old, and was this lady's main lesson pony for years, but now has cushings and has become laminatic to boot.

I'm currently trying to stabilize her poor trashed feet- her, cushings was not medically managed and has caused a great deal of worse stresses upon her.

She's already a barn favorite, and we really really love her.

I am so looking forward to seeing her trot pain free across my pasture.

So with out further ado- here's my very own Suzie-Q aka our very own Grandma pony!

IMG_0005.jpg

A before picture of her as I was clipping all that long hair off!
default_sad.png

IMG_0018.jpg

and another after of her- She's my little love bug!

IMG_0008.jpg

She's so pretty!! I hope you can get everything under control and keep her happy and comfortable for many more years.

She is beautiful! I am so happy that you found each other. She looks very happy and it sounds like she found the perfect home with you!
default_wub.png

She is absolutely beautiful...

I believe you are already up to date on managing Cushings, but if you need help, I moderate the Yahoo Cushings forum and can give you the website address to join the group.

Best wishes,

Liz R.

Aww! Congrats to all and I hope she finds lots of comfort and long, healthy life of relaxation.

Liz

She is the most beautiful and lovely pony that I have ever seen--Congrats!
default_wub.png
. She reminds me alot of my late Silver pony who also had cushings. I wish you all the best, and many happy years to come.

If you could, could you give her a carrot and a hug from me, and tell her that her I am wishing her a very happy life with you
default_smile.png
. She's a special gal that one
default_wink.png

default_wub.png

:Kim

What a special person you are to have taken this mare and want to improve her later years. Speaks volumes of you as a person. Good luck and look forward to future updates.

Thank you Liz- When I get home and get a chance I will sign on- (I do a ton of browsing from my iPhone)

Anything to help this grand lady out- I am going to try the chaste tree berry along with traditional pergalide *sp-

Right now my biggest concern is to get her feet stabilized!

Latest posts

Back