International sales

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinck43

Reaction score
Can those of you that have sold horses overseas explain the correct way to do this. Money exchange, who is responsible for setting up transports, etc. I am also looking for a quarantine station is New York or Florida. Thanks, dionne

The buyers arrange for their own quarantine and shipping but I'm happy to supply quarantine facility info to prospective buyers. The ones I'm familiar with are those in OK and TX but there are others.

Payment is made by bank wire transfer or credit card.

I just purchased a horse from Devon Creek.... and now have to get it to Luxemberg, or Amsterdam Holland...those are the two places they will fly to with KLM or EMO... The quarantines that i will be using are in Texas EZ2Spot in Littlefoot, or NedPoint in Oaklahoma. It is more expensive to fly out of the east coast then from Texas ...I dont know why but it is . The quarantine facilities are regularly inspected by goverment regulations , and most quarantines will wait until they gather a group of horses so they can be in quarantine together , and then fly together in the same box. The buyer ( me ) will have to pay for a vet check to see that the horse is healthy enough for quarantine and a coggins, and transport to the quarantine . Usually the quarantine will pick up the horse $$$$$. Once in quarantine the horse will have another coggins and mandatory vet checks at the expense of the new owner. The quarantine will provide the transport to the airport and the grrom on the plane. KLM has a groom provided that is trained in emergency vet care. Once the horse arrives in Europe its your problem. UNLESS you are smart enough to hire an advocate to process the customs forms and taxes and border fees. If you dont have someone on this end you will get screwed in processing fees. If anyone wants more info from me on names please IM me.
default_wub.png
oh , and if the horse cant load, or tie or stand for a vet, the quarantine facility will train it at buyers expence... please train you horses before having them imported. Also my friend is importing 2 minis from Florida... they will go to Texas. If you know of a horse that needs to go to quarantine in the next few weeks please let me know, we could share a ride. I will fly over with my new baby, so i will look after yours as well.

Last edited:
I will fly over with my new baby, so i will look after yours as well.
How exciting! Krissy3, would you please tell us about your trip after you make it? Never having flown with a horse I think that would be a very interesting experience.

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back