info on foal cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarsMinis

Reaction score
I saw a discussion of good foaling camera systems here a week or so ago. A search doesn't bring it back up for me. I have a metal barn 800 feet from the house. What do you use/recommend?? I would like

to keep it wireless and viewable from several rooms. Thanks in advance for suggestions.
default_rolleyes.gif

My husband and i got one with a 325 foot range wireless its actually about 700 plus feet away and works GREAT , It doesnt hook to the computer it hooks to the tv easily and Im sure ya could hook up to more than just one,

I was looking at a system by Riverwind ??? What brand/system do you have and like.

I have a Swann Night Hawk system. Our barn is wood and about 260' from the house and the reception is very, very good and I can see everything fine at night when the barn is pitch dark. It can hold up to 4 cameras and I think you could have as many receivers as you want for it to be hooked to different tvs. The night vision is so clear, we saw a foal kicking inside one of our mares very easily last night.

We have trees and wood buildings between our house and the barn the system is in. They do sell reception extenders, which I think go on the cameras but I'm not for sure, which will boost the range if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_rolleyes.gif
Bumping this up... hoping for more info. I talked to 2 other people who remember the really good post on barn cameras. No one has been able to find it again. Would it have been moved? As I recall, it mentioned several brands etc in the thread, with pros and cons. Thanks for your patience and any info.

I was looking for the same topic. I remember Heartland was mentioned. how do you contact them.

Thanks

We have the Riverwind system. We bought it this year. It has places for 4 cameras. We only have 2 on it right now. Hope to add more later. I got the infrared cameras. When the barn is pitch black the picture looks just like it is daylight. Was really easy to hook up, too. That means a lot to me. Haven't had any problems after the inital setup. Our house is a pretty good distance from the barn and the barn is metal. Reception is really good.

Wanted to add that the only problems we had were that the internet has to be unplugged or it causes interference in the picture. They tell you that on their website though. Also, at first there was terrible interfernce in the picture even with the internet and cordless phone unplugged. My son went upstairs and unplugged his X-Box and the picture was PERFECT. I have no idea how he ever thought of that, but it was the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back