Im still such a lil kid!!! pillow/blankey!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
Im 33 yrs old and my lil sister is 30 yrs old (own kids and family), we both still take our blankets and pillows with us anywhere we go and spend the night(s).

Im heading up north to a horse show and staying at my dads place. He has plenty of bedding BUT I always still take my own. My hubby was picking on me last night while packing the truck and said Im such a lil kid. Y take them. I replyed, I dont know, I just do. I like the smell of my sofner!
default_smile.png

He called me crazy!

Come on! Am I the only one out there that dose this or even with similar items! Or is he right... Im weird! LOL!

I rarely go anywhere, but when I do, I ALWAYS would take my own pillow. Would get severe allergies from some folks fabric softener or rash from their laundry soap and just didn't sleep good on somebody elses pillow. the laundry soap Tide makes me sick. I do all my stuff scent free. Personally to me it is rather yucky to sleep on somebody elses pillow unless it is new and even new ones aren't that comfortable or broken in.

My fiancé is almost 28 and still sleeps with her baby blanket, "Blankie".. Looks more like a bundle of torn paper towels to me. LOL -- it's basically the backing of the blanket and some outer seams. When I wash it I say a little prayer and wash it inside a pillow case in hopes it survives.

I must have my favorite pillow, "Fluff Fluff".. Normal pillow with flat and balled up stuffing inside.. I've had it about over 15 years and I am 26 and still love my Fluff Fluff. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the road as I type! And guess what I have smashed next to me??? My pillow! Lol!

Your not alone!

ETA, hubbys driving not me! Lol! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't sleep without my dog! I have a 14 yr. old JRT that cuddles up to me at night. I don't care where I am, I can't sleep without him. He's been to Nationals three times, and been sneaked into more hotel rooms then I can count. God help me when he passes, cause I'll be lost and sleepless.

I'M A GRANDMOTHER AND I STILL HAVE MY FEATHER PILLOW,TAKE IT EVERYWHERE. ON VACATION ONE YEAR I FORGOT IT IN A MOTEL ROOM AND HAD MY HUSBAND DRIVE BACK 100 MI. TO GET IT.

I take my own pillow, too. Ergonomic memory foam pillow. I used to be a stomach sleeper but pregnancy and being yelled at by chiro changed that ;) I also have one of those fat pet pillows my Aunt gave me after surgery last year. I sleep with that every night to help keep my body aligned/keep my body from falling apart overnight. She even has a name, "thunder britches." Weird or not, who cares lol!

Do you mean like a kids Pillow Pet? If so, when my son wants me to camp out with him on the couch I use his Pillow Pet! LOL! That couch tares me up when I sleep on it over night but that pillow really helps. It's just the right size and shape!
default_yes.gif

Reactions: Tab
I take my own pillow with at least one extra pillow case (now!), I have a neck pillow that stays in the truck so that if I'm not actually doing the driving I can wrap it around my neck and sleep (hasn't happened much). I take a soft fuzzy blankie (I have different ones - some much newer but I prefer the one my parents gave me when I was in Jr High. It's getting a little thread bare, but was sure a comfort when I slept on the cot at Nationals last year when I was so sick).

I prefer to have the air on high in hotel rooms, and then in the summer I have soft fuzzy sleep pants that I wear (with a tank top or a t-shirt). Also always take a favored horsey sweat shirt - in case I get too cold... During the cold months, I also have purple fuzzy "footies" that I wear to bed in while on the road (not usually at home),

Hmmm, I'm noticing a theme here, LOL
default_yes.gif

So, NO U AREN"T ALONE or CRAZY!!

Oh man, if I have to travel for business and can go by car, you better believe I bring my own pillow.

AND, since I have nearly no shame, I can admit... I also bring my stuffed animal. For a long time now, it's been a horse that looks a lot like our stallion, Destiny. I have slept with a stuffed animal all my life. I'm 29yo with 14yrs of additional experience.

I usually have to travel by plane, and never want to check a bag, so I usually cannot take my pillow or my stuffed animal with me when I travel (not enough room since I am expected to wear clothes), and it is a lot harder to fall asleep w/o my own pillow and that stuffed animal.

default_blush.png

Back