I'M ONE OF YOU....SO excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
I'm so excited. I'm almost one of you and I can't wait to share my news :aktion033:

I've been silently lurking here for months now and have been reading everything I can on Donks. I've also been looking for breeders in or around Oregon. Well a couple of day ago I was at my local feed/farm store and ...of all things...(sorry but this is how it happened LOL) needed a pee (told you LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) Right by the bathrooms there's a notice board and right there in the middle was a flyer for the "Mini Badonkadonk Farm" and a pic of a little jenny that called my heart AND the mini Donk farm is walking distance from me and I never knew they were there.

SO long story short...I put down my depost, asked for permission to post about her and so here she is...MY two month old baby Badonkadonk
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I'm SO excited.

The gal who owns this farm is just awesome she so welcomed me there and every one of her Donkeys from tiny baby to her breeding Jacks are very friendly and obviously very well looked after.

So, here she is... :aktion033: :aktion033:

edit1.jpg

edit4.jpg

edit2.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit5.jpg

Thank you for letting me share my very first Donkey
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Oh and you know what...I need name suggestions for her. My two mini horses are named after Kings and Queens...Ozymandias (Rameses the Great) and Twoie...(Princess Elizabeth) But I'm open to nay suggestions
default_yes.gif
:

She's a keeper!
default_wub.png
: What a cutie :aktion033: And you are so lucky to have pictures from day 1! I have no suggestions on names, but I'm sure several on here will
default_yes.gif
: I am counting the days - hopefully one week from today I can bring my babies home.
default_wub.png
: I was in a situation similar to you - had looked for over a year, and then by chance, found a farm about ten miles up the road from us :eek:

Do you know when you can take her home? You also know you'll have to get another one, right?
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

What a cutie
default_wub.png
:

How old is she?

And yes! you'll need another
default_yes.gif
:

Try to get her Mom too .... that would be a perfect package
default_wink.png
:

I'll think of a name for her ...what is her Mom's name?

I am sure you are so excited !!

CONGRATULATIONS on now being owned by a lovable longears
default_wub.png
: Is she a doll
default_wub.png
: Cant help you on names, I'm horrible at them, but I know Teri sure will be able to :bgrin I love her face. Of course you already know~~ there addicting, and a lone donkey is a very lonely donkey so you should really think of another in the near future.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: :eek: I bet your going to be counting the days...I know I would be
default_yes.gif
: Corinne

Do you know when you can take her home? You also know you'll have to get another one, right?
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:
She's going to be weaned in January. It's going to be the longest fall and winter for me LOL. As for getting another one HAHAHA I KNOW they are going to be addictive. For now when she comes her new best buddy will be Twoie my mini horse mare. Twoie is such a gentle soul so I know this little gal will have good company. The farm also has a TINY little black girl. Same age as mine (within a week or so) but at least 5 inches smaller...she's just precious...."divorce...or another donkey...divorce or...HAHAHA I'd better stick with just one for now" LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin

Deanna (the farm owner) has loads of pics of her being born and e-mailed them to me. It's awesome, I have shots from her mom being in labor to her first steps. It's so cool to have them because often you don't get to see those early moments. She looks like a little drowned bunny with those long wet ears HAHAHA
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: How adorable... Congrats!!! I can't help with names either. You'll find yourself making many trips to see her before January.. and probably falling in love with all of them at the farm too. I am sooooo happy for you!!! :aktion033:

What a cutie
default_wub.png
:

How old is she?

And yes! you'll need another
default_yes.gif
:

Try to get her Mom too .... that would be a perfect package
default_wink.png
:

I'll think of a name for her ...what is her Mom's name?

I am sure you are so excited !!
She's two months (almost) Mom's name is Hazel...I can't remember her registered name. I'll have to ask again.

Oh yeah, like Deanna would sell momma LOL
default_wink.png
:

Also, what color would you call this little one? She's kind of a creamy fawn with white patches and a white sock and white lightning stripes on one leg.

The farm also has a TINY little black girl. Same age as mine (within a week or so) but at least 5 inches smaller...she's just precious...."divorce...or another donkey...divorce or...HAHAHA I'd better stick with just one for now" LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin
Deanna (the farm owner) has loads of pics of her being born and e-mailed them to me. It's awesome, I have shots from her mom being in labor to her first steps. It's so cool to have them because often you don't get to see those early moments. She looks like a little drowned bunny with those long wet ears HAHAHA
default_wub.png
:

well you need to take hubby over to Deanna's when you go visit your baby and make him fall in love with the other foal and then HE will need his very own donkey TOO <devil horns>

as for names it's funny what you said about her looking like a bunny... my very first donkey was named Bunny and her face looked just like yours (although her body was solid). i changed her name to Bonny though, sounded almost the same and i liked it better, it's what the Scots use for "pretty" and she sure was
default_wub.png
: .

well you need to take hubby over to Deanna's when you go visit your baby and make him fall in love with the other foal and then HE will need his very own donkey TOO <devil horns>
oh devil horns at work huh HAHAHAHA. How could he resist her...this was taken yesterday and she's just TINY

edit6.jpg
default_wub.png
:

i changed her name to Bonny though, sounded almost the same and i liked it better, it's what the Scots use for "pretty" and she sure was
default_wub.png
: .
Yup a Bonnie wee lass for sure
default_wink.png
: (yup, I'm Scottish..well Scottish Dad..but dropped in England)

[SIZE=14pt]how much fun is that :aktion033: ...congrats! welcome to the world of donkies...Twoie is going to love her new buddy
default_wub.png
: , Nikki
[/SIZE]

OMG how CUTE!!! you tell him he better put a deposit on her or he is going to lose her!!! in fact, WHERE ARE YOU??? i might have to risk divorce myself and come get her
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
Oh you're too funny LOL. I'm in Central Oregon...and she is for sale and you can stay here while you go "shopping" LOL. Seriously...I'd take her in a heartbeat if I thought for one nano second that I'd get away with hiding her behind the barn for a while! " What new donkey...oh sweetie we've had her for years" HAHAHAHAHHAHA
default_wink.png
: (actually she's so tiny you COULD hide her...just about anywhere LOL)

your new little girl is just beautiful as is her little friend!! Congratulations. You will love your gal. Donkeys are so wonderful!!!

That pic is just to cute!!! What adorable babies.. You know you might could pass her off as a big dog.. lol Tell him its a new mix breed.. a donkapoo :aktion033: . I love yours too .. looks like you could just cuddle up with her all day!!

Thanks everyone. She's all I've thought about all day (both of them actually LOL) It's going to be a long wait 'til January
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your first donkey. I know the waiting game is hard. I too will be getting my first little long ears this fall. She was born on April 29th and her name is Tinkerbelle. I can't wait but my time is closer than yours. Good luck, spend as much time with her as you can this winter. I normally only get down to see mine once a week. :no:

I too will be getting my first little long ears this fall. She was born on April 29th and her name is Tinkerbelle.
Oh how exxciting. Do you have pics or a thread link where I can see her. I bet you can hardly wait.

My gals breeder is just wonderful but I sure don't want to wear out my welcome there..I'd be moving in if I could LOL

Do you know how many times I've wathced the Budweiser donkey commercial this week too HAHAHHA :lol: :bgrin :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :lol:
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back