I'm excited to announce a new mare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

This is a mare I've been eyeing for a while now. When I first saw her picture I thought "well, she's pretty but nothing spectacular" then one of her daughters came to live with us (owned by someone who boards horses at our place) and her daughter was just beautiful in person although her pictures were just so-so. So I started thinking about Buttercup again but she was more than I could justify paying for another aged mare. Sometimes I think I'm running a geriatric program here! :DOH!

Then one day I looked again and she was marked SOLD! Well, part of me was glad because the decision had been made for me and now I could stop thinking about her. Well...I didn't stop thinking about her.
default_biggrin.png
A few weeks passed and out of the blue I got an email from her owner stating the buyer changed their mind and I could have her for the remaining amount due!
default_new_shocked.gif
Are you kidding??? I'll take her!!!
default_yes.gif

So, here she is. This is 17 year old Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup. She's almost 34" tall, leggy, the most amazing neck I've EVER seen on a mini, the kind of croup I love, and just a beautiful head!
default_wub.png
She was bred by Lowell Boone and once owned by the Johnstons. Although much of her pedigree is listed as unknown in the AMHA studbook, she actually is a Gold Melody Boy II granddaughter (by Gold Melody Boy) verified by Mr. Johnston before his death. She has had 8 foals, 6 of which have been fillies and 6 of which have been dilutes (4 buckskins, 2 palominos). She is currently heavy in foal and could go any day now. She's bred to World Champion Sr. Stallion Evergreens Orion Commanders Onyx. He's a b/w pinto, so not my favorite, but I bought her for her and not for the foal she's carrying!
default_wink.png

Picture of Buttercup at age 16 and in foal:

buttercupleftside2.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
default_wub.png

Last edited:
LOVE her SO much!!!!!!!!!!

Her croup .. I LOVE her neck too

Oh Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Pretty, pretty coloring.
default_wub.png
She is a beautiful mare and looks fantastic, especially for having had that many foals.

Congratulations! Pretty, pretty coloring.
default_wub.png
She is a beautiful mare and looks fantastic, especially for having had that many foals.

Thanks everyone so much for the nice words.
default_wub.png
When she trots she just takes my breath away! Her neck arches like an arabian and her tail goes up in the air. It's just beautiful!

And when I originally posted earlier tonight and I said she was heavy in foal, I wasn't kidding! I just did my final nighttime check and she has really loosened up and actually had a tad of discharge (which is a bit concerning) so on with the cameras and bye-bye to sleep!
default_laugh.png
She was already in the foaling stall, so now we just wait.
default_laugh.png

She is a very lovely mare! Congrats to u, U can send her foal my way if u dont want it, lol.

[SIZE=12pt]What an awesome little mare
default_wub.png
neck forever and a gorgeous tail set
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

How exciting!! Congradulations!! Please post foal photos! I personally love Onyx. That cross should really be nice
default_yes.gif
Amazing little mare and especially at that age
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

Congrats! We have Buttercups granddaughter here and she's proven to be a great show horse for us and plans for 2008 are the AMHR Nationals with her. Thought you may like seeing some photo's of her:

Danihollis-339x318.jpg

danisign2.jpg

danisign3-1.jpg

Congrats! We have Buttercups granddaughter here and she's proven to be a great show horse for us and plans for 2008 are the AMHR Nationals with her. Thought you may like seeing some photo's of her:
Danihollis-339x318.jpg

danisign2.jpg

danisign3-1.jpg
Small world! I've actually visited your site before and saw and admired Dani! How does she trace back to Buttercup?

We have a Buttercup daughter that also lives with us. She's a buckskin with a pretty neck and head - reminds me of Dani.
default_wub.png

Oh my goodness, she's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
default_wub.png
Super Congrats!
default_aktion033.gif

She is so pretty! I love her dapples!!
default_aktion033.gif

I cant wait to see her foal.. Sounds like it might be soon..
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back