I'm BACK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
OMG what a blast...Blue Bay Villas @ Playa Dorodas (Puerto Plata) was the victim of my vacation with my hubby Alan and 2 other couples.....I'm in shock dealing with -17c and 2.5 extra feet of snow since I left last week. We were the last flight out of Ottawa at 7:00am Saturday Mar 8 before the mega snow...WooHoo.

Here are some pics...enjoy
default_smile.png

Me and Hubby being beach bums...

DSC06493.jpg

This was my corner of the swim up bar
default_smile.png

DSC06508.jpg

I got to ride this nise QH Reining mare..we just stopped spinning hence the woozy look!!

DSC06570.jpg

My version of Flower Power LOLOL

DSC06600.jpg

A view of a typical Dominican village road thru the ears of Chocolate!

DSC06594.jpg

This seems to be a genetic defect in the D.R. Saw quite a few horses with it!

DSC06585.jpg

The 4 Caballeros ride again. Me in the pink tank at the back on Chocolate, my friend Raine (to my right)beside me on Andreas, his wife Kelly in front of me on Friendly, and my hubby behind her on Tony.

DSC06613.jpg

Stopped for Cervesas (beer) and this bird became my friend! Anybody know what it is???

DSC06617.jpg

The Queen of the Pool at HER corner of the Swim-up bar LOLOL

DSC06625.jpg

Awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!! Wow looks like a lot of fun.... I'm not much of a water person/swimmer but the pool and the wet bar sure look tempting. I'll bet you had a blast doing all that riding too!!! Makes me wish for June already....
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Oh that parrot...looks like some kind of Amazon to me.....blue fronted maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sterling..

They tried to tell me, but my spanish wasn't all the great LOLOL...I thought it started with a "C"???

Kim

"Cotorra" is Spanish for parrot...could that have been what they were telling you?

Remember what I wrote in that email to you?? I'm saying it again..... and again..... and again.....
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

How do you get so BROWN in just a week?? I don't look like that after a whole summer!

Thanks a lot for sharing your pics.. No really. THANKS! They're fabulous, and it looks like you had a fabulous time!!
default_yes.gif

Looks oooohhhhh soooooo NICE!!!!!! Man, I can't wait for some warm weather.....and SPRING (forget MUD season!! LOL). I took the pups for a walk yesterday because it was nice and sunny......I forgot how sheltered we are from the wind!!! :Cold-Scared :Cold-Scared Just about froze my hiny on the way back up the farm!!!!

Anyway, I was wondering whether you made it out before the storm hit!!!! Glad you had a great time!!

~kathryn

Great pics! I so want it to be summer!!!! The bird is a white fronted amazon.

My family and I are going to Puerto Plata in a few weeks...

I'd love the details on riding horses, please
default_biggrin.png
!

Thanks,

Denise

Silversong Farm

WOOHOOOOOO

Thanks for the pics Kim!!

Glad you had a fantastic time and glad your flight didnt get cancelled!!!

Im miss D.R SOO much!! We still get calls from the dominican friends we met there!! We will definately be going back next year!!!

Glad your experience was just as fab (who couldnt with that all inclusive bar (and food of course) ;) )

Latest posts

Back