If you knew someone was banned from a big horse breed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'll take a turn if anyone is still reading this.

This is what I think at risk of sounding naieve:

This is not like a pervert moving next door and you are supposed to alert the whole neighborhood for pete's sakes to hide the children.

Everyone deserves a second chance and a clean slate.

Everyone one of us may know something about someone and had a bad falling out. Does that make it ok not to give them another chance and straighten out their lives? Why do you presume that they will just go and screw up again?

People are put in prisons everyday that are not guilty.

Does that make it right?

Maybe the people in question have learned their lessons and have come to this breed to start a new life for themselves. Maybe they would make the breed proud to have them, but to cast judgement on someone that has done nothing in advance is just not playing fair.

If they are unscroupulous and actually make an offense, then that is the time to report and speak out. Not in advance of something that hasnt' even happened yet and may never happen.

In the words of John Lennon "Give Peace a Chance"

OK I'll take a turn if anyone is still reading this.

This is what I think at risk of sounding naieve:

This is not like a pervert moving next door and you are supposed to alert the whole neighborhood for pete's sakes to hide the children.

Everyone one of us may know something about someone and had a bad falling out. Does that make it ok not to give them another chance and straighten out their lives? Why do you presume that they will just go and screw up again?

People are put in prisons everyday that are not guilty.

Does that make it right?

Maybe the people in question have learned their lessons and have come to this breed to start a new life for themselves. Maybe they would make the breed proud to have them, but to cast judgement on someone that has done nothing in advance is just not playing fair.

If they are unscroupulous and actually make an offense, then that is the time to report and speak out. Not in advance of something that hasnt' even happened yet and may never happen.

I agree with second chances but at the same time if I knew someone had been convicted of torturing and abusing horses and been suspended from that breed for life I sure wouldn't want to see them come into any other breed.......not saying that is this case but I know of one like this......

often these people have been charged criminally, civil court etc...many times before they ever lose their rights within a breed organization....it is harder than many realize for a breed association to suspend a person takes a fair amount of evidence past and present and often requires proof of a continued behavior as in over the course of many years.......

Why do you presume that they will just go and screw up again?

Well, Bless You Marty as it is always nice to try to see the good in people. But I have to say that everyone I know, and that is quite a few, that get into another breed because suspensions and other major offenses continue to practice the same types of deception. Ofcourse we can't mention names but there are obviously a bunch of us out there from coast to coast that know the same stories. I am not saying the possibility is not there for people to start with a clean slate......it just is very rare. And it is very sad. You have to realize that many of these people can justify their wrong doings in the craziest ways. Some really do not think they have done anything wrong. It's almost a sickness.

Now as far as comparing it to the PERVERT that moves in next door? Well, the end results are the same. Someone is always getting SCREWED! :new_shocked:

Carol

LOL Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :new_shocked:

I don't know what to tell you.
default_unsure.png
: I know a "trainer" that has been "training" mini's for a few years now that has been banned for life from at least one breed for life.
default_wacko.png
: No he/she has not changed. It makes me sick to see him/her with these little guys. :new_shocked: Owners have been warned by not just me, many don't care, its the winning they want. :no:

Robin
If a trainer or ANYONE is seen or known to be mistreating theirs, or anyone elses horses (or any other animal for that matter) they should be reported to the SPCA and the breed societies of the horses they are mistreating. END OF!

This thread is not about someone who was expelled for abusing horses. He is not banned from USEF. It is one specific breed registry. Please don't credit him with being worse than he is, or I should say was. That would not be fair.

I am not defending him, but I don't entirely condemn him either. He's not alone, he's just one of the few that have actually gotten caught.

This thread is not about someone who was expelled for abusing horses. He is not banned from USEF. It is one specific breed registry. Please don't credit him with being worse than he is, or I should say was. That would not be fair.

I am not defending him, but I don't entirely condemn him either. He's not alone, he's just one of the few that have actually gotten caught.
So are we talking falsified papers, cheating, maybe a little embezzlement...that type of reason for suspension?

Sure bring em on in our registries could use a few of those
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
But if someone actually SEES a person, be they a trainer or not, they should be reported.
At a show you must pay to report.....and if you see it at a training barn the majority of the laws in the US do not have teeth.....so you can turn in a person who has a starving horse tied to a tree with no food or water and often the animal dies before the authorities can do a darn thing.......

Unscruplous people are involved in all types of livestock out there. One I personally know is well known for stating "You can't eat if you don't cheat" . His meaning is you can't win with out cheating. He is in the minority but he is far from alone. The only problem is most never get caught with enough proof.

As far as trainers/breeders jumping breeds often many people will know the history and steer clear, but the people who usually get burned are the "new people" as they don't know about past histories and most of the time the people who do know will not even say boo. Some times even with the background info people may choose to use them but at that point it is thier own fault. And as far as references any "cheater" will have an excellent set of references. They may or may not be legit but they will have them. Just ask!

Thanks Lewella, I stand corrected on that one. I have only the breed registry's documentation & didn't realize it spilled over to a USEF suspension as well.

Ah well, so he cannot show, or judge....only breed. :new_shocked:

Slaney,

Sadly it is not that easy to turn somebody in for abuse of any kind. Even at the shows, its your word against theirs and people are afraid of retaliation. :no:

The trainer I spoke of I took care of the situation myself.
default_yes.gif
: He/she was about 10 ft away from me just beating a yearling so it would look "alert" in the ring. :new_shocked: I was grooming my horse and said loud enough for him/her to hear, "that if they continued I would take the whip away from them and beat them with it!!!" He/she stopped for the rest of the show.
default_yes.gif
:

Of course I had to get my mothers heart started again as she figured there was going to be a fight.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Robin

But if someone actually SEES a person, be they a trainer or not, they should be reported.
At a show you must pay to report.....and if you see it at a training barn the majority of the laws in the US do not have teeth.....so you can turn in a person who has a starving horse tied to a tree with no food or water and often the animal dies before the authorities can do a darn thing.......
I have only done it once and there was no fee involved and it was at a National show.

Latest posts

Back