If you could travel anywhere...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kim~Crayonboxminiatures said:
I'd like to see more of the US, someday I'd like to do a cross country road trip see the Grand Canyon, the West Coast, Montana, Wyoming, etc.
I'll ditto that! I've been all up and down the West Coast by car traveling to see my grandparents each year but I've never gotten to go to any of the southwestern states and I SO want to spend some time in Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, etc.!
default_drool5.gif
OMG. I want to see the fall leaves back east. I want to spend at least six months living continuously somewhere OTHER than the state I was born in, nice as it is.
default_rolleyes.gif
My big dream was to go to the UK and Ireland but I made that happen last summer
default_wub.png
so I can check one thing off my bucket list although of course I want to go back. I want to do NZ and Spain, and I'll admit Austria and Peru sound pretty cool although I hadn't considered those.

One thing I realized upon coming home from that last trip was that most of us live somewhere but never really explore it. I found all sorts of tourist attractions in my own home town that I never knew were there! Go to your local tourism board and find out what's around for a fascinating low-budget stay-cation.

Still dreaming of an all-50-States U.S. roadtrip....

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to go back to Greece and Turkey, Just beautiful there. In the US, would love to see Yellowstone and area again. Was there when I was six, don't remember much about it. Would love to see Alaska, have always dreamed of a scenic train trip through the northwest part of the country. Just me and my camera and amazing views.

One thing I realized upon coming home from that last trip was that most of us live somewhere but never really explore it. I found all sorts of tourist attractions in my own home town that I never knew were there!
How true this is.......my very good friends who moved away almost a year ago have found all kinds of 'new' and 'wonderful' things to do in their new home....which is great....it's just too bad that ALL those things were available at their 'back door' but they weren't willing to look into it while they lived here
default_no.gif

But that's getting off on a tangent......
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

I've always dreamed of going to Africa and someday when my kids are grown........I will get there!!
default_smile.png

I just love to travel, after high school a bunch of friends and I were going to go to Germany but you know how things go..we all went our separate ways and semi lost contact. When I was in school, I always found the holocaust just fascinating. I could have spent forever learning about that, it just struck my interest. So, of all things I wanted to do - I wanted to go and see these places we had read and learned about in school. I didn't get to go, but I would love to one day......

Apart from that morbid interest, I'd love to visit New Zealand or Ireland. I'd also like to go Greece / Athens.

I really need a good vacation. A "real" one, that does not involve pulling or packing a horse trailer...

I agree, after seeing the pics of Wyoming I'd love to visit there. For some reason I've been wanting to travel to Alaska, I'm not a huge fan of flying and it would be a long flight so I don't know if ill ever get there.

In the last few years we've been traveling a lot in our own state and going places we've never been and its been pretty cool.

I'm on the coast of Maine and if any of you are ever here be sure to look me up.

I'm on the coast of Maine and if any of you are ever here be sure to look me up.
Maine is definitely on our "to do" list! I have been telling my husband for years we need to plan a trip up there! We are very blessed as we are both teachers, so have a chance to take a nice vacation every couple of years during the summer. We love to camp, so usually haul our camper with us. I think camping lets you explore the area so much more than staying in hotels and gives you a chance to connect with other people!

Of course, that's also why we haven't had the horses in the show ring - we have to balance out our travel wants with our showing wants. Since dear hubby isn't a "horse person" it's only fair! This year is a "stay at home" summer, so we finally get a chance to show the horses!
default_aktion033.gif

I have loved reading everyone's travel wishes - they give me lots of great ideas!

Barbara

Would love to go back to Hawaii, Just loved Kaui and Maui. Would also love to have a camper and travel across the country. Yellowstone, Wyoming, Utah... Oh if I only had the time off and the $$$

I'd love to go to Ireland. Missed it last trip because at the time I wasn't aware of my Irish Ancestors.......yes.....the free trip to Australia type ancestors.

Like to go back to Britain and Europe and see the real country not just the touristy places.

Also North America to see all the snow, autumn colours, the mountains, the montrous cities and all the cool stuff you see on telly...so much to see and do and so diverse......

Oh...and the little horse studs and big shows etc etc etc.
default_aktion033.gif

I've been to the LA, Disneyland, SanDiego and Las Vegas. Went to the Grand Canyon but it was foggy and the plane couldn't land and didn't see a THING. Hawaii on the way home, of course.

But of course I can't go anywhere EVER.. Too many critters and no one but me to take care of them.

Always wanted to go to Williamsburg and I got to do that over Christmas.

Right now, my dearest wish is... to sell or lease this place and find a farm in VA. Just want to be in the same state my husband is.
default_pray.gif

9 months and counting.

Helicopter said:
I'd love to go to Ireland. Missed it last trip because at the time I wasn't aware of my Irish Ancestors.......yes.....the free trip to Australia type ancestors.
LOL! We left Ireland on our trip last summer via Rosslare ferry port and when I got home and talked to my relatives (who, mind you, I had talked to in great detail about this trip before going) my aunt said "Did you look up our family in Rosslare?" I was like "WHAT family in Rosslare?!"
default_new_shocked.gif
It turns out a branch of our family came from there and nobody bothered to tell me!
default_laugh.png

Shari said:
Always wanted to go to Williamsburg and I got to do that over Christmas.
Right now, my dearest wish is... to sell or lease this place and find a farm in VA. Just want to be in the same state my husband is.
default_pray.gif

9 months and counting.
I got to visit Williamsburg when I was 12; I think I still have a quill pen, red sealing wax and a brass seal/stamper thing from there.
default_rolleyes.gif
It was pretty neat!

I'm so sorry you're separated from your husband right now. That's got to be tough on all of you. At least he finally found a job- I know that was a real struggle.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave on Mar 20 for my Bucket List trip to Australia&New Zealand but I still have some other wishes.Alaska and a train trip from Cumberland,MD to Frostberg,MD on the original refurbished steam engine from 1928 that my mother took to get to college in Frostberg.She drove from Denton,MD took the ferry across the Chesapeake Bay drove to Baltimore and then took the train from there.I have seen a show on PBS about the train excursion and it looks amazing I would also like to do a train excursion through the upper west area.I alsoknow how difficult it is to get away with so many critters.,

Latest posts

Back