If you could travel anywhere...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
After seeing some of the topics about where people are located and upcoming vacations, it got me to thinking about where I would like to travel and was wondering where you guys would like to travel to and why...

If I could travel anywhere I would go to...

Poland- To tour some of the Polish Arabian stud farms

Iceland- To see some of the volcanoes and scenery and of course to meet an Icelandic horses in its native enviromnet

Norway- I love the Norwegian F jord horse and from the pictures I have seen, the countryside is BREATHTAKING

Austria- To see the Haflinger horse in its native environment and to see the Vienna Riding School

South America (Peru, Bolivia, Argentina specifically)- Peru and Bolivia to see where our llamas come from and possibly bring back some ancient llama herdsmanship techniques and Argentina simply to see the pampas and perhaps see the rare and unique Aregentine llama

So, if you could travel anywhere around the world or country where would it be and why?

I would love to hear from you all.

Dan.

Yes! Me too!

Definitely to Austria and see the Lippizanners and the riding school and the high pastures with the young stock and the Haflingers (if you can). We have friends who went and had lots of photos; but to see it yourself....

Have to think on it more...

My dream is to travel to Australia. I would love to go to New Zealand as well to see the beautiful countryside. I would also like to go to Alaska one day.

The two places I have always wanted to go are Ireland and Australia. Ireland because my dad's side of the family is from there and my Grandmother's cousin still lives there (plus it just looks so beautiful!). I don't know why I want to go to Australia but I have for as long as I can remember.

I love traveling, I've had the opportunity to go to Germany, France, England, and Wales competing in mounted games, but I have never gotten to spend as much time playing tourist as I would like to. I usually only have a week or so and am too busy getting accustomed to my ponies and competing to get to see very much. They have still been incredible experiences though. I love, love, loved Wales, the competition there was at the Royal Welsh Show and I got to see some absolutely GORGEOUS Welsh ponies
default_drool5.gif
default_wub.png

Dan, you have some great places on your list! It's giving me ideas of other fun places to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Montana and Wyoming one day...
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

Spain, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand. In that order. We're going to Spain in '12. Why? My family lived there for 6 months way back in the day. I just find the whole country romantic. Love tapas lol.

I would love to see Montana and Wyoming one day...
Liz R.
We have a room all ready for you Liz anytime you want to come to Wyoming
default_yes.gif
and we will drive you around Montana too
default_aktion033.gif
Really anytime is great with us, BIG HOUSE two people, coffee is always on, lots of ponies and all sorts of stuff to see
default_saludando.gif

I like to go to Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Scotland to see the "real" Shetland ponies, plus every state in the USA that I have not been to, Hawaii and of course the Carribean Islands ahhhh
default_488.gif

Fun again,

Jenny

OFCORSE to see all you you guys! DUHH
default_laugh.png

ohter than that "Scotland to see the "real" Shetland ponies","Austria and see the Lippizanners", and all of these "Poland- To tour some of the Polish Arabian stud farms

Iceland- To see some of the volcanoes and scenery and of course to meet an Icelandic horses in its native enviromnet

Norway- I love the Norwegian F jord horse and from the pictures I have seen, the countryside is BREATHTAKING

Austria- To see the Haflinger horse in its native environment and to see the Vienna Riding School

South America (Peru, Bolivia, Argentina specifically)- Peru and Bolivia to see where our llamas come from and possibly bring back some ancient llama herdsmanship techniques and Argentina simply to see the pampas and perhaps see the rare and unique Aregentine llama "

If I could be anywhere in the world. I'd go home and be HOME. Then I would die happy.

But to travel? I'd like to go back to England and actually SEE it! And Back to Ireland and see more of it. And Scotland. Italy & France. But I have something in my soul that would love to see Peru.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz R. - I finally got to go to Wyoming last year and I would HIGHLY recommend it! I look at pictures and I get homesick for views like this:

38250_1547308806091_1336187099_1427612_1685400_n.jpg

and this....

35324_1547311806166_1336187099_1427634_2446315_n.jpg

I'm not a big "world traveler" there are so many places in North America that I haven't seen yet. I have always wanted to visit Texas. We are headed to California in 2013 for a conference and are meeting friends from Australia who are flying in for the conference and we are staying the next week or so with them and traveling north up the coast from LA - so I am excited for that!

My daughter and husband are travelling to Ecuador in June with our youth group from church and everything I have seen on the internet shows it to be a beautiful country! I am very excited for them and wish I could go, too, but someone has to stay home and take care of the little girl and the animals!

I love reading everyone's travel ideas! Some great ideas. I am with a lot of you - if I were to travel overseas, I want to visit Ireland. It's where my father's family is from and I would just love to see that country!

Barbara

British Columbia to visit my friends
default_sad.png
I was hoping to make it a yearly trip, but the funds are too short this year
default_no.gif

I'd like to re-visit the East Coast of Canada. Drove through it as a kid, but I'd like to do it again as an adult.

Other than that....I really badly want to go back to Colorado....I sooo enjoyed that trip.

Then I'd like to do Scotland, because we still have family over there.

I am pretty happy being 'home' though, so I'm not much of a great traveller....

~kathryn

I'd like to eat my way throught Italy!
default_eat.gif
There was just a beautiful documentary on PBS about Northern Italy. I have always wanted to go there and this just reinforced my great desire. For some reason, I feel a great kinship with the Italians, although, as far as I know, I am not of Italian decent. Maybe in another life...

If I can't get to Italy too soon, I would settle for Texas.
default_xreiter.gif
Although my husband has been there many times and says Texas is it's own "country"
default_cheers.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_biggrin.png
, I think I would fit right in!

Of course, then there are those special mini farms dotted around our country that I WILL visit, soon I hope!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

And finally, I expect to be a snowbird and settle in Arizona for the winters, as soon as I can figure out how to do it financially. I KNOW I like it there!!! Oregon isn't bad either!
default_biggrin.png

Boy Australia is the popular place to go..

us too.. just love to see the animals and they say you never want to leave..

Well, before travelling abroad, I'd like to visit more of the US, like everything east of the Mississippi plus Alaska and Hawaii. But, I'd like to see Australia too, not sure why, but its been a fascination for some time.

I'd like to see more of the US, someday I'd like to do a cross country road trip see the Grand Canyon, the West Coast, Montana, Wyoming, etc. I think it would be fun, but I keep teasing I need a horse trailer with living quarters so my horses could travel with me.
default_wink.png
Want to go to Hawaii and Alaska someday too. And Florida, see Niagra Falls, and Maine...this list is longer than I thought!

When we are in Ireland, I wish we had time to see Wales (love Welsh ponies!), and England (love the James Herriot books!) also Greece, Italy, would love to see Paris again!

There are sooo many places i would love to visit...Australia and New Zealand among the top of the list...as well as Africa (safari), Ireland, Europe (I've been to Germany back in 1978) and also places in the US like Alaska and Hawaii. Oh, to dream...thing is, if we didn't have horses, there would be nothing stopping us from doing at least one trip a year...Now, we save for Nationals in TULSA! lol
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

You guys all have some pretty cool destinations in mind! Of course I thought of some more once I logged off LOL so I would also like to visit

Italy- I love food, and would like to see the land of my ancestors

England- Particularly the county of Cumbria and visit the Fells and see my favorite Pony breed The Fell in its native environment

Spain- Iberian horses for that reason alone

And some places in America...

Hawaii

Alaska

Oregon

Montana

Wyoming

Texas

and I would love to go back to Kentucky and visit the Kentucky Horse Park again

And that's pretty much it for now, but more will be added once I fall in love with ANOTHER horse breed. But keep the travel dreams coming, could always use some more ideas, and a reason to buy luggage with horses on it
default_biggrin.png

Dan.

after seeing those pics ld choose wyoming , it looks beautiful

Latest posts

Back