Ideas for a different show cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgranch

Reaction score
So, was diagnosed with Scoleosis a few weeks ago (I wondered why the old back hurt so much!!) but Doc says for now I can keep driving but not in my Graber even for short classes!! Must have a cart with a back at all times. Thought about getting a Meadowbrook type cart but My Lil is itty bitty it will be way to heavy right?? I don't want to show in an EE cart and I don't have much money any ideas?? I don't show breed shows all that often mostly local shows and pinto but if I did go to an AMHA show I still want to fit in!! I don't know may have to go agaisnt Drs orders I hate to give up my Graber!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What about putting a back on your cart? SOmeone with a little welding experience should be able to put a nice back on. Perhaps just an H bracket with a padded bar?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to take 2 brackets and attach them to the seat of the cart and have someone create a fancy back rest Velvet Tufted or Velure or what ever your seat is made out of.

If you use two black ones then it should blend right in. It might look a little odd but it wouldn't change the weight or the balance to the cart.

And be easy enough to remove and put on a new cart if you get one in the future.

I can draw what I mean if you want me too.

I have had Scoleosis all my life... spine is twisted, along with a 35% curve. What curve % did your Doc say you have?

Have to admit, my Doc told me if I wanted to do something to do it, never any restrictions.

Leia, knows most carts out there. Am sure she will show up here soon.
default_wink.png

I love my Country Road cart... rides like a Rolls but I would not put a mini under 32" with the small wheels in it.

Thanks guys will ask Hubby if he can do that he is a good welder!! Sherry I didn't know you had scoleosis!! I guess now I know who to ask questions from!! Actually, going to PM you right now!!!

Here I am.
default_smile.png
The easiest answer is to have Graber ship you one- he makes seat backs for his show carts that match perfectly and are very nice. I've seen one and ridden in it!

Leia

Leia you are an angel!!! I had no idea I could get a seat from Graber!!! Going to call him right now!!! Then I can keep my beloved Graber and make the Doc happy too!!! Thank You so much!!!!!

Hi, I have a photo of one of my youth clients showing and she has a back on her cart. This cart has worked out great and is really comfortable. I am pretty sure Graber made this one. If you would like to see it please email me at [email protected] and Ill send it to you. I really like it, great support for your back. Laura

Latest posts

Back