I took the "Hot Rod" out today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
My other mini, Slick, has been doing the driving around here. I bought him already broke to drive, so I knew he was at least a little experienced at it. But then there is Rocky. He came from an auction over 2 years ago and has been abused badly by someone. He is not the most trusting of horses and he can be very jumpy. I have ground driven Rocky and have had him pull Lorne in a sled many times, but have never actually "Driven" him. I have only hooked him up to our wagon once and he was a little nervous about it.

Well, today I thought I would hook him up again and see how he would do. I took him out down the road so he could get use to the sound of the wagon on the road etc. and I had Loren give him the commands in the drivers seat, under my supervision, of course. I led Rocky all the way to the end of our road and he did so well I jumped in and drove him home! He was GREAT!!!!!! He didn't really like the idea of me getting in the wagon and moved a lot as I struggled to get in. I don't think he really wanted to be the leader or something. But once I was in he was awesome!! He trotted out like a champ and was just amazing! He was sooooo good I can hardly believe it!! He was very fast on the way home, but not out of control and he listened to me when I wanted to slow him down. He turned right into our driveway without flipping us over and trotted all the way into the area where I had hooked him up. He was so easy and forward. What a good boy!! I can't wait to drive him again!

Not that Slick is not fun, but I am always getting after Slick to move it out. Slick is a little more lazy then Rocky is, even though Rocky is much fatter!!

1stdriverocky_10_07006.jpg

1stdriverocky_10_07003.jpg

See! I did get in!!

1stdriverocky_10_07008.jpg

1stdriverocky_10_07011.jpg

Cute!!!! But my question is where did you get that wagon?
Isn't it a great little wagon? It has an adaptor for a pole too!!

I got it from a lady who used it for her team of Gaots she drove (Yes she drives goats!!) and I was out there to buy baby peacocks. I saw it and aske if it was for sale. She said sure. I asked how much and she said $300 :new_shocked: So I paid her and we picked it up the next day!!

Rocky looks great....congratulations on having 2 driving horses now you can have twice the fun :bgrin

Just wonderful and look at that smile!!! <VBG> One very happy young man you have there.

Great pics! Congratulations. So glad the weather around here's been so dry, even if cold.

Rocky looks so cuddly as does Loren!

Liz

Latest posts

Back