I took some "before" pictures of Skye

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's so cute! My kind of pinto!

I'm so glad you went and got him.

Kim

I was so nervous for Skyes foot trim but it went well. My farrier said that he's seen alot worse!! He said it's probably been two or three yrs since he's been trimmed. Here's a few pictures, my camera stops working when it gets cold but at the end, after trimming all four, he went back and rasped them again to shape them, they look good. Not perfect yet but he said one more time and he'll be as good as new. Here's a few pictures, not good ones but this is what I got. Oh, he said the pony is 12 yrs old. It's supposed to warm up this weekend, we'll get those burrs out, he'll be so nice looking, he's a great pony.

Skyesfeet1-11-08.jpg

Skyesfeettoo.jpg

Skysfteetnow.jpg

Wow it's amazing how much they can take off at one time. He's gonna be fine now that he's with someone who cares about his welfare. Thanks Marnie for being such a good horse mom!!.....even if he is a foster child.

Lisa (Runaway Ranch) and I went to Marnie's today to see Skye (oh, and Marnie, too) What a handsome little fellow - the pictures do not do him justice - his feet look so much better - we have an awesome farrier that I believe can do anything!!

It is amazing to see how Skye already looks for Marnie - I'm sure he has been a lonesome little guy and now is so happy to have someone that actually cares about him. He is so gentle and appreciative, Marnie is going to have a lot of fun with him - she is determined to get all those burrs out of his mane and tail and I know that she will!!

Awww, he is precious! I can tell that he is going to be just gorgeous when he is all cleaned up, he's definitely a looker
default_wub.png
I'm so glad that he has found a great new home, what a lucky guy. I'm one that would tend towards roaching the mane. Much as I hate a roached mane, I've now bought two horses who's manes had been roached, and both grew back within a year, both ended up with beautiful manes as well!

Its wonderful he has found you Marnie. He will be such a greatful little guy. I have used WD40 for years. An old Cowboy suggested it and with care it works great. The one thing it does that I like is if the horse has lice it won't anymore. But so does baby oil. I rescued a little mini who had major lice and knotted mane. I sprayed it with WD40 and got rid of lice and the knots at the same time. Then I went ahead and did her tail also. Then used PreparationH on the bite lost hair areas to stop the itch immediately. It too works for that. The great thing is the immediate relief from

that horrible itch.

Latest posts

Back