I really do have other horses -- here's proof!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, Woodwinds is home to more than just Mingus! I posted these on Facebook, but thought I'd add them here as well.

So...here are recents shots of our other horses, Viewcrest Pastorius (Flash) and Cherry Hills Scarlett Ribbons.

Flash:

P1010192flash-side-web.jpg

One of Flash's nicknames is Fabio. His mane and tail are far longer and extravagant than they appear in this shot. His coat is the most incredible bronze, shown off best when the sun drops low. This is true pasture condition, without even any brushing, but the light was so perfect I couldn't wait, and if you squint you can see his dapples amidst the dust.

P1010186flash-head-web.jpg

This is the grainy, soulful (albeit unintentional) artsy shot befitting a rock star.

flash-bum-wind-web.jpg

Flash is the total pocket pony, so I had to work fast to get anything other than extreme kissy closeups. I caught him here just before he came to cuddle.

Scarlett:

P1010075scarlett-cu-web.jpg

This is more of a portrait in attitude than a glam shot...

P1010076scarlett-lside-rear-web.jpg

She has gorgeous legs, but the day I took this photo, they were rather green...so much for white legs!

P1010058mingusscarlett-web.jpg

There's that pesky bay again, sticking his nose in her photo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Say it aint so.... lol Mingus must share his lime light with others? LOL, does he know you've done this? Why do I have the feeling he would not be amused ;) They are all lovely but I agree with Mary, Mingus is the star.
default_wub.png

Hehe...he is not amused if I so much as groom the others, so no, he would NOT be happy if he knew! When I try to work with Scarlett or Flash on anything, he's right there showing them how it is supposed to be done, and heaven forbid I put HIS harness on one of them! When I was trying to get these photos, he kept posing in the background...

Sunglass required for Fabio! Gads what a shine. And I love love love Cherry's pretty sculptured face but honestly my heart belongs to Mingus.

You mean there's more than just Mingus? LOL!!! They are all beautiful, Susanne!

Liz N.

Ha ha lovely kids but we'd all have been heartbroken if Mingus hadn't put his puss in at least one photo.

If Scarlett is unhappy with him nosing in she could come live up here with my red and white kids.

If I were to take my laptop out to the corral, Mingus would smile, nod his head and say, "You all are correct -- I am king...I am MINGUS!" Scarlett and Flash would roll their eyes and say, "Yeah, yeah...we've heard this all before...what an ego!"

One of these days I need to shoot video of Mingus when a car or truck pulls into our driveway...whenever this happens, he stands at the gate and parks out in his best show pose. (I don't have the heart to tell him he's not a Modern Shetland and shouldn't stretch.) I used to occasionally ride into town via the county bus, which amazingly came door to door, even to our remote dead-end gravel lane. The bus driver and other passengers all loved watching Mingus preen for them.

Nancy, Scarlett deals with Mingus pretty well, and I'm her BFF, but she does need a godmother in case anything ever were to happen to Keith and me...

Awwww, my favorite horses that are not owned by me!
default_firstprize.gif
Flash looks so handsome in his hammered bronze and WOW, look at that fantastic stallioney mane & forelock. He's definitely a rock star & probably a Southern California surfer dude, too.

Back