I never could have imagined...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
Wow...

I am in shock and awe.

My dad always told me that my biological grandmother died when he was little, but even he didn't know it was like this.

My grandma is one of the biggest nuts in history... doesn't really surprise me. My dad was sure floored when he found this!

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

Awesome Or Off-Putting: Gloria-Lee Byrd, An Alien Contactee Who Starved Herself To Death

December 22nd, 2008 at 17:00 by Shawn Lindseth

Awesome or Off-Putting is a weekly delve into cryptozoology, ufology, aliens, medical marvels, scientific wonders, secret societies, government conspiracies, cults, ghosts, EVPs, myths, ancient artifacts, religion, strange facts, odd sightings or just the plain unexplainable.

Gloria Lee was a flight attendant turned alien contactee. In 1953 she began receiving mental transmissions from JW, an alien entity who lived on Jupiter. These transmissions, thought Lee, were for the good of humanity, and included things as strange as space station designs.

When the US government wouldn’t listen, though - she began to fast until it killed her.

Here is what Wikipedia has on Gloria Lee:

“Lee claimed to be in telepathic communication with an entity known as JW, who lived on the planet Jupiter, and began to assemble a book of his spiritual teachings as dictated to her. At his direction she founded the Cosmon Research Foundation for the purpose of publication and study of JW’s superhuman wisdom…Membership in Gloria Lee’s organization rose sharply after advertisements were regularly carried in Ray Palmer’s monthly occult magazine Fate. She also hit the contactee lecture circuit and attracted considerable public attention.”

The method in which she would receive her revelations was automatic writing. As far as specific messages the woman claimed to receive from her Jupiter-based master - we couldn’t find anything other than the hugely popular plea for world peace and plans for a space station (or a spaceship, depending on the source). The latter of those seems to have been less than specific blue prints, as we couldn’t find those either.

Granted we only did a quick Google search. We’re sure her two books Why We Are Here! & The Changing Conditions of Your World! are packed full of Jupitarian wisdom.

In 1962 Gloria Lee went to Washington in an attempt to get some government money to put towards her spaceship. Politicians were largely uninterested. To call attention to her ideas she began a fast in her hotel room. She told her followers she would eventually lapse into a coma-like state only to wake up supercharged and ready to roll. Washington was unaware of this. Her food-free protest lasted 66 days and then she died. She was 37.

To make matters even stranger Lee, who claimed telepathic communications in life, communicated to other would-be cult leaders in death. Allegedly. According to Answers.com:http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?act=post&do=new_post&f=3

“Immediately after her death, several contactees claimed to have talked to Gloria Lee in her new spiritual existence. Verity of the Heralds of the New Age (New Zealand) and Yolanda of Mark-Age both produced booklets of what they claimed were communications from Lee.”

Don’t feel bad for Lee. In her spiritual state she probably enjoys a nice country estate in the Jupiter country side. We’d take that over picketing DC any day.

1926-1962)

Gloria Lee, one of the prominent flying saucer contactees of the 1950s, was born March 22, 1926, in Los Angeles. She developed an interest in flying as a teenager and became one of the early airline stewardesses, a position she held until her marriage to William H. Byrd in 1952. About this same time she developed an interest in flying saucers, then being raised as an issue by George Adamski, who claimed contact with extraterrestrials.

That is my grandpa

Do you see a resemblence?

gloria-lee.jpg
n655250745_821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, Jamie, that is so weird. We all have some in the background, don't we? This one takes the cake. Kinda cool...kinda strange...

I'm smiling over this one, although I bet you are just shaking your head and wondering, "Now what?"

Thank you for sharing.

Stacye

Wow Jamie, that is kind of really cool! I see how you can be in shock,, I mean most of us don't think about the wack jobs we could have as ancestors!
default_laugh.png

I definitely see the resemblence.. Though I am sure it is just a physical one.
default_biggrin.png

Kinda neat to find out about!
default_smile.png
She believed in something and stood up for that.

Hahaha! That's why I don't delve into my family history. The living ones are nutty enough. Don't really need to know how I'll end up!
default_laugh.png
Cattle Theives and Bank Robbers in my way past history, a proffesional baseball player somewhere along the line, my great grandpa founded Jackson Hole. But I like to just look at the good ones.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back