I Need Sleep

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiedoll68346

Reaction score
It is just me or do all of you stay up most of the night mare watching? We have 4 mares that could POP any day. They really seem to be hanging on. They are all small mares. One at 350 days, 2 @341 days, and 1 at 336. They act like they will foal every night so I sit up and watch. Two of them are bagged up big and hard, 2 others med sized bags. We have cameras, baby monitors, breeder alert also. Most of them lay flat out so much I am afraid breeder alert will cause me to get no sleep so I haven't been turning it on. I can sit on my cedar chest and watch out my bedroom window and see all of the mares, so that is where I have been spending my nights.

Does anyone know of a foaling dance I might do to speed them up. I am afraid they are all going to foal at once. YIKES. Have 6 more to go.

Please foaling God, let me get some sleep soon.

Anyone else noticing that mares are going over due dates???

Barb
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Welcome to marestare, my hubby gets his sleep... :arg!

Might want to keep your foal buzzer on.... hate for you to miss one...

Good Luck and healthy foaling soon....

Welcome to marestare, my hubby gets his sleep... :arg! Might want to keep your foal buzzer on.... hate for you to miss one...

Good Luck and healthy foaling soon....
Oh, I won't miss one, when the buzzer is off I am perched on my cedar chest watching out the bedroom window. My behind is getting flat and sore from so much sitting and observing.

Hi,

Try taking one for a walk. I did this last year when we were getting close to a show and our mare was at 335 days. I took her for a walk around the farm and that night she foaled.

Good luck on all 4 of your mares.
default_rolleyes.gif

good idea, I will walking all four tonight, they are in a large dry lot but they don't move around a whole lot. I will try this idea and let you know how it works. Thanks,

Barb

Latest posts

Back